1 hour ago, Petitioner's City said:

Interestingly, Mantic has announced they are indeed pursuing a mini-miniature game, co-written by Alesso Cavatore.

I can't imagine how hard it was for the mantic staff to hear that Epic is back (as LI) at the very same time that they where developing their own little scale game.

To be honest, they can't compete in a so tiny niche knowing that on the GW side, all the molds are already made, all the marketing is done (with the competence we know :rolleyes:).

So, trying to do the same, at the same time, attacking the direct ennemy in front is fighting a tank with a Slingshot.

I think that the best way to to it is to make it digital all the way: they take a reasonable risk, they won't have too heavy investment, the reward is "free" ( saling files), and it'd be a great alternative to the GW offer (and way cheaper for customers). And they get a lot of fresh cash for their next move.

Edited by BolterZorro

So, weird question. In preparation for LI. I'd like to use bigger flight stands than the regular ones GW provides as I'd like my aircraft to not be hovering at ground level. Does anyone have a lead on fitting transparent flight stands for the AI models?  

Might be tricky as it's a ball and socket that replies on friction to hold it in place - so any replacement would have to be a perfect fit. In fact my Ork Big Bommas drooped on the official stands and had to be blutak'd in the end.

On the subject of bases, they aren't doing a LI style 150mm for the Warmaster it seems so you can't rebase your whole Legio even if you wanted to. Plus the fact that they aren't doing below 40mm so the smaller knights are out of luck as well.

I realised I hadn't signed up to the Dark Sphere register your interest form until 30mins past their stated closing time. Was able to complete the form but now I have to wait and see if they'll accept it. I believe they let you know tomorrow evening, so at least I'll be able to make other plans.

Edited by Burni

15 minutes ago, Burni said:

Might be tricky as it's a ball and socket that replies on friction to hold it in place - so any replacement would have to be a perfect fit. In fact my Ork Big Bommas drooped on the official stands and had to be blutak'd in the end.

On the subject of bases, they aren't doing a LI style 150mm for the Warmaster it seems so you can't rebase your whole Legio even if you wanted to. Plus the fact that they aren't doing below 40mm so the smaller knights are out of luck as well.

I realised I hadn't signed up to the Dark Sphere register your interest form until 30mins past their stated closing time. Was able to complete the form but now I have to wait and see if they'll accept it. I believe they let you know tomorrow evening, so at least I'll be able to make other plans.

Yeah I've been breaking my head how to proceed on that one. Might just go for brass rod painted black, but dislike the aesthetics of that. 

Warmaster is 120 right? Same as the warlord I think. 

Edited by matcap86

9 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Yeah I've been breaking my head how to proceed on that one. Might just go for brass rod painted black, but dislike the aesthetics of that. 

Warmaster is 120 right? Same as the warlord I think. 

I’ve not seen it done for Aeronautica, but magnets on the end of clear plastic rod seems popular for flyers: accidents then tend to break the magnet join not the base, and easier to store and transport not on the base. Worth a try? My son has a massive Kharadron thing that came with a laughably tiny stem waiting for that treatment, but I haven’t got round to it …

4 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

I’ve not seen it done for Aeronautica, but magnets on the end of clear plastic rod seems popular for flyers: accidents then tend to break the magnet join not the base, and easier to store and transport not on the base. Worth a try? My son has a massive Kharadron thing that came with a laughably tiny stem waiting for that treatment, but I haven’t got round to it …

Yeah I've seen that done for X-wing and the likes, but those already have a pretty substantial flyer base/stem... might need to see if those just fit :sweat:

1 minute ago, matcap86 said:

Yeah I've seen that done for X-wing and the likes, but those already have a pretty substantial flyer base/stem... might need to see if those just fit :sweat:

Ooh yeah then you can get the fancy rotating magnets and bank your little planes round the corners … nyeeeeooooooow!

13 hours ago, Noserenda said:

<...>
I am hoping we get some original models for Epic down the line though, especially for the Mechanicum, who have limitless possibilities for cool toys  :D 

Yeah it will be nice to hopefully see the Mechanicum's Ordinatus Minoris in an affordable scale, as the lovely FW versions are either OOP or too expensive/impractical.

2 hours ago, matcap86 said:

So, weird question. In preparation for LI. I'd like to use bigger flight stands than the regular ones GW provides as I'd like my aircraft to not be hovering at ground level. Does anyone have a lead on fitting transparent flight stands for the AI models?  

these work very well: https://themagnetbaron.com/collections/aeronautica-imperialis

5 hours ago, BolterZorro said:

I can't imagine how hard it was for the mantic staff to hear that Epic is back (as LI) at the very same time that they where developing their own little scale game.

To be honest, they can't compete in a so tiny niche knowing that on the GW side, all the molds are already made, all the marketing is done (with the competence we know :rolleyes:).

So, trying to do the same, at the same time, attacking the direct ennemy in front is fighting a tank with a Slingshot.

I think that the best way to to it is to make it digital all the way: they take a reasonable risk, they won't have too heavy investment, the reward is "free" ( saling files), and it'd be a great alternative to the GW offer (and way cheaper for customers). And they get a lot of fresh cash for their next move.

Yes it is pretty bad timing. Or perhaps good timing if you look at it in a different and that GW has woken up the customer market to a scale other than 28mm - if Legions turns out to be a drudging, overly-complex game a quicker and cleaner set (as is Mantic's MO) might be a good alternative. So to with the miniatures - you have talk of $1000+ to replicate the army used in WD, being able to play for a small fraction of that might again be an alternative.

I think the guys in Nottingham quite often know what they are doing (think how many ex-GW are at Mantic). They did similar for Kings of War and it might be entirely deliberate.

I believe Dropzone (10mm) did pretty well despite lacking the resources of the larger firms. A kickstarter put paid to their parent company (Hawk and allowed them to be taken over by TTCombat, but there still seems to be a dedicated following and regular releases, so it's not like there are no games in this space. Pricing and the competition from 3D printing are going to be big factors at this scale. 

Huh they opened a LI board at the warhammer world exposition. Looks great. And gives confidence they see this as a long term project:

https://warhammer-community.com/2023/11/16/blood-angels-battle-iron-warriors-in-an-incredible-new-legions-imperialis-diorama-at-warhammer-world/

Oooh im looking forward to seeing that next time im in nottingham. 

The Knights look uncannily like the House our group created and who fight alongside Iron Warriors and Legio Fuerans most frequently though :D  

5 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

Yes it is pretty bad timing. Or perhaps good timing if you look at it in a different and that GW has woken up the customer market to a scale other than 28mm - if Legions turns out to be a drudging, overly-complex game a quicker and cleaner set (as is Mantic's MO) might be a good alternative. So to with the miniatures - you have talk of $1000+ to replicate the army used in WD, being able to play for a small fraction of that might again be an alternative.

I think the guys in Nottingham quite often know what they are doing (think how many ex-GW are at Mantic). They did similar for Kings of War and it might be entirely deliberate.

Depends. Mantic is completly death in my area die to the Material they use for some of their miniatures.

I bought the KoW Armada Startersets and this Restic Material was a pain to Clean and prime. As i was not alone, noone here is going to buy a Mantic miniature again.

29 minutes ago, Bung said:

Depends. Mantic is completly death in my area die to the Material they use for some of their miniatures.

I bought the KoW Armada Startersets and this Restic Material was a pain to Clean and prime. As i was not alone, noone here is going to buy a Mantic miniature again.

My experience to. There is a reason Mantic is cheaper than GW