Mantic has done some good work... But soooo many screw ups too, restick and some of their early kickstarters chief among them. I can only hope theyve learned from that as im seeing a boatload of armada stuff in black friday sales :D 

10 hours ago, tinpact said:

Incredible diorama - I'm assuming it looks better when you have depth Perception - but surely there was a better option than the concrete and-rubble colored marines on a concrete and rubble base?

Basing is going to be quite a challenge I think. GW have gone for a ruined city look. But grey is inevitability dull. Models wearing black or metallic armour, as many Legions and the SA do, will look pretty monochrome. 

To complicate things further, we’ve seen that an army can contain formations from multiple Legions, plus the SA. I normally like to go for a basing scheme that works with my army but that’s not easy when you have a multicoloured force. 

On 11/16/2023 at 9:53 PM, tinpact said:

Incredible diorama - I'm assuming it looks better when you have depth Perception - but surely there was a better option than the concrete and-rubble colored marines on a concrete and rubble base?

Yea, they seem a weird choice, and considering the text in the article:

image.thumb.png.69a99ebc15fa03e77fe19e13ba176265.png

Like, gunmetal grey in a grey on grey environment? :sweat: Alphas would have been a cool choice, or perhaps NL. I presume IW were just easier. 

Have we seen *any* LI Alpha Legion at all, beyond the single dreadnought done as a test piece? 

Edited by Xenith

2 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Basing is going to be quite a challenge I think. GW have gone for a ruined city look. But grey is inevitability dull. Models wearing black or metallic armour, as many Legions and the SA do, will look pretty monochrome. 

To complicate things further, we’ve seen that an army can contain formations from multiple Legions, plus the SA. I normally like to go for a basing scheme that works with my army but that’s not easy when you have a multicoloured force. 

The thing is, ruined Cities Match the Sci Fi look of 30k / 40k.

But why limit yourself to GW?

Yes the Road tiles are nice,but you can easily grab a not-city battle mat and scratch build / 3d print some road tiles and paint them fitting to the battle mat.

For myself i am going for ice bases with my LI Fists and Sol Aux to fit my existing Titanicus stuff.

I just need to run some tests to see if my plan will works.

You could easily go for Mars colored mat and bases or other stuff.

While this video will only go up tomorrow, the thumbnail already gives us a scale comparison and a way better look at unprimed individual models than we had before and I have to say the details look way better than the WarCom pictures made me believe. You can see individual chain-bayonet teeth here:

In case the video gets privated:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.bc9c7efd49bda6c4b7cddc3f8b5cc180.png

Edited by Matrindur

16 hours ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

Really cool diorama!

Can't see any SA, they must be too ugly to present in public :laugh:

Really wishing they went with the normal Imperial Guard vehicle style;  would totally buy bazzillions.

That would require the Solar Auxilia to be the "normal Imperial Guard" which they do not, and which do not even exist in the HH era. 

This style for the Solar Auxilia has existed since they were conceptualised, sorry you evidently completely missed this despite it being a thing for about a decade. 

19 minutes ago, The Yak said:

I always thought it was Beta-Garmon? I know it was a large system so was there a Delta-Garmon also?

The AT Titandeath book details Alpha, Delta, Theta, Zeta-Garmon etc... They are systems within the region, of which the most important is Beta-Garmon and Nyrcon City.  

Has anyone got their Dark Sphere register your interest confirmation email yet?

I completed the form just after 9am on Thursday so not sure if I’ll even be considered but as I understand it emails should be out by 8pm tonight (which is 50mims from the time I write this).

8 hours ago, Stitch5000 said:

That would require the Solar Auxilia to be the "normal Imperial Guard" which they do not, and which do not even exist in the HH era. 

This style for the Solar Auxilia has existed since they were conceptualised, sorry you evidently completely missed this despite it being a thing for about a decade. 

Thanks for your help Brother.

I was wondering about the Arkurian and Mars pattern style of vehicles on another thread, do they have different variants in the HH?

I was hoping the 30k Imperial Army didn't only use the gear available on the GW SA website and also used other styles seen in 40k. Do you know if they did?

25 minutes ago, lansalt said:

I've found this image and I'm wondering if this how LI bolter marines are supposed to look. I hope not...

fb_267886317.thumb.jpg.dd5ea6a437c629a965f790055ace06c5.jpg

They’ve replaced mold line removal with plastic surgery :biggrin:

Assuming they don’t have plans to do the various Infantry Sub-Types, the next big wave of Legiones plastic releases should be

Marines:

Vindicators

Sabres

Typhon/Cerberus

Sicaran Venators

Arcus/Gatling Cannon Sicarans

Fellblades/Falchion

Glaive

Whirlwinds

Solar Auxilia:

Carnodons

Aurox

Valdor Tank Hunter/Flame Tank

Seems like a manageable amount of stuff to drop in one year. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

4 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

I was hoping the 30k Imperial Army didn't only use the gear available on the GW SA website and also used other styles seen in 40k. Do you know if they did?

The Imperial Army in the HH novels uses gear and vehicles similar to their 40k version in addition of the 30k vehicles and stull like volkite chargers. This includes cadian-style flak armour, lasguns, Leman Russes, Chimeras... even the Taurox is mentioned.

The IA during the Siege of Terra shown in the covers and illustrations could be made with the new cadians with a few changes and a different paint scheme.

30 minutes ago, lansalt said:

I've found this image and I'm wondering if this how LI bolter marines are supposed to look. I hope not...

fb_267886317.thumb.jpg.dd5ea6a437c629a965f790055ace06c5.jpg

Yeah that's what I mentioned way back in the beginning of the thread. That's the unfortunate consequence of one piece plastic molding. Seems like only the bolter boys suffer from this.

5 hours ago, Redcomet said:

The marines look far better in bold, bright colors. The BA and IF in particular look amazing imo.

Agreed. I'd love to a see a the new sculpts in a bright, 2nd/3rd edition Ultramarines color scheme. I do think the Iron Warriors work well, but I think the base color needs to be chosen carefully, like the brown from the community spotlight.

2 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Yeah that's what I mentioned way back in the beginning of the thread. That's the unfortunate consequence of one piece plastic molding. Seems like only the bolter boys suffer from this.

I'd say that this is the result of bad design decisions and not inherent to the technology. It's not like they were forced to match all the same poses as the bigger kit, they should have only used the less problematic to avoid making those look like they're defective or were bathed in acetone. There's no way to fix that with a knife or clever painting.

41 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Assuming they don’t have plans to do the various Infantry Sub-Types, the next big wave of Legiones plastic releases should be

Marines:

Vindicators

Sabres

Typhon/Cerberus

Sicaran Venators

Arcus/Gatling Cannon Sicarans

Fellblades/Falchion

Glaive

Whirlwinds

Solar Auxilia:

Carnodons

Aurox

Valdor Tank Hunter/Flame Tank

Seems like a manageable amount of stuff to drop in one year. 

I feel like they still have some infantry they should release.

For marines:

Breachers

Recon Marines

Veterans (maybe with a heavy bolter?)

Destroyers if you want a forth unit type for a box

For SA:

Veterans with Volkite

Pioneers (maybe with different options so 4 squad types in box?)

Support squad with melta

SA background in FW book 4 specifically calls out pioneers and mentions multiple types of support squads yet we only got dudes with flamers.  Now would be a great time to show some other elements of the SA that their background told us about but we never got.

48 minutes ago, lansalt said:

I'd say that this is the result of bad design decisions and not inherent to the technology. It's not like they were forced to match all the same poses as the bigger kit, they should have only used the less problematic to avoid making those look like they're defective or were bathed in acetone. There's no way to fix that with a knife or clever painting.

Oh yeah I agree. I should have worded that better. The poses they chose aren't conducive to easy 1 piece molding.

The support battery crew has the same issue.

Screenshot_20231117-215341.png

Edited by matcap86