2000pts Semi-competitive list

Captain Idaho

I'm developing a semi-competitive list to build upon, maybe take to tournaments and also adjust when playing more casual opponents. It's also quite themed and I'm liking that right now.

Behold:

Strike Force (2000 points)

Awakened Dynasty

CHARACTER

Hexmark Destroyer (70 points)

• 1x Close combat weapon

1x Enmitic disintegrator pistols

Skorpekh Lord (115 points)

• Warlord

• 1x Enmitic annihilator

1x Flensing claw

1x Hyperphase harvester

Technomancer (60 points)

• 1x Canoptek control node (Aura)

1x Staff of light

Technomancer (60 points)

• 1x Canoptek control node (Aura)

1x Staff of light

BATTLELINE

Necron Warriors (240 points)

• 20x Close combat weapon

20x Gauss flayer

Necron Warriors (240 points)

• 20x Close combat weapon

20x Gauss flayer

OTHER DATASHEETS

Canoptek Reanimator (95 points)

• 2x Atomiser beam

1x Reanimator’s claws

Deathmarks (130 points)

• 10x Close combat weapon

10x Synaptic disintegrator

Flayed Ones (140 points)

• 10x Flayer claws

Flayed Ones (140 points)

• 10x Flayer claws

Lokhust Heavy Destroyers (135 points)

• 3x Close combat weapon

3x Gauss destructor

Lokhust Heavy Destroyers (135 points)

• 3x Close combat weapon

3x Gauss destructor

Skorpekh Destroyers (220 points)

• 2x Plasmacyte

6x Skorpekh hyperphase weapons

Skorpekh Destroyers (220 points)

• 2x Plasmacyte

6x Skorpekh hyperphase weapons

Points were tight so couldn't actually get any Enhancements. :facepalm:

I used a variant of it in action recently and it worked well. Skorpekh are brutal, especially if you pop the Plasmacytes. Heavy Destroyers provide crucial fire support.

I wonder if the army lacks true anti-tank we relying on 6s to hit against 2+ save isn't great, but Skorpekh can hurt vehicles in a pinch.

Besides that, it's about holding the objectives which Necrons do spectacularly well.

Yeah the Sovereign Coronal is an amazing Enhancement for the right character. I recommend a Hexmark since it can't be targeted easily.

1 hour ago, Spyros said:

I'm only now starting to work on lists and tactics.

But I think more characters are needed to keep the infantry alive.

I have toyed with the idea of a Catacomb Command Barge to help the Heavy Destroyers and Skorpekh Destroyers with a Resurrection Orb but decided against it on the grounds both types of Destroyers will generally operate miles away from each other and the CCB is gonna be exposed to a lot of fire if it's rushing forward with the Skorpekh vanguard.

I'm not worried about the Warriors not having access to a Resurrection Orb as they have a Strategum in an emergency and receive plenty through their rules. Crucially they have a Cryptek Technomancer who grants the unit an amazing Feel No Pain ability.

I had 20 survive 6 Assault Terminators and Captain (with Thunder Hammers and a Relic blade respectively) for 3 melee phases through virtue of just a couple of stragglers and Reanimation.

Regarding anti-tank... early edition feelers and it's somewhat worrying if you come up against a Knight list in a tournament. I fancy my chances against Marines and the like, but are 6 Heavy Destroyers gonna be enough against Guard parking lots and even the likes of Dark Eldar skimmer spam?

I worry not but then what would I lose to fit more in? The Skorpekh are very effective along with the Flayed Ones in skirmishing and pressuring the opponent, objectives and distracting opponents from Heavy Destroyers which helps. 

As the edition goes on, I'll see if the 6 Heavy Destroyers will cut it. A 3rd unit can potentially be added at the expense of something, maybe 10 Flayed Ones, but that would make me a sad panda.

Edited by Captain Idaho

I too don't like much the CCB. It doesn't have Lone Operative so without the Sempiternal Weave it will be destryed quickly by focused fire. And the means you can't put on the Coronal...

Having faced Militarum artillery recently, I can say there is no escaping it.

CPs for the RP stratagem are not always available thus I put my faith in Orbs.

As for anti-tank, my only experience so far is that I fail a lot of 3+ hit rolls, so I have to invest in a Coronal.

The Militarum parking lot is indeed dreadful to face if you roll bad. And they can get invulnerable saves too...