Yvraine weird rules interaction

10 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Where is this rule printed?

image.png.f762c8520fe903a46d836602893601e4.png

It's a very odd rule, perhaps it's a mistake? I can't see why it would be an issue including both, I wouldn't have thought it's a fluff reason either as she can go in Corsairs squads normally!

Currently you can include both Avatars if Yvraine isn't your warlord. You can include both if you've got Ynnead as your Warlord, very odd!

So if an army is a Drukhari army, Yvraine can't be Warlord of it. This makes sense to me- as far as I'm aware, Yvraine got herself in a bit of trouble in Commorragh, after being responsible for a Daemonic Incursion. There might be some Drukhari who believe in her cause enough to follow her, but that isn't the same as "leading a Drukhari army."

But yes, this IS a weird rule for sure.

Yvraine doesn't seem to be able to be in a Drukhari army, and Drukhari units are only allowed to join an Aeldari army if she is the warlord of it.

But her being the Warlord of a Drukhari army prevents Corsairs, Phoenix Lords and the Avatar from joining it.

Since Yvraine, Corsairs, Phoenix Lords and the Avatar all have the Aeldari keyword, they can all be in an Aeldari army... As long as Yvraine isn't its warlord. 

No.. I think you are overcomplicating it, its just a fairly standard "allies" rule with a title (just "ynnari" ) that seems to confuse or trigger people who are too much in pre-10th edition subfaction mode. It would have been better titled as Drukhari reborn or something. You can very definitely still play an Aeldari "Ynnari" army the same way you play an "Ulthwé" army, with or without Yvraine as your warlord.

Magenta --> Requirement to use special allies rule
Unmarked --> the Special allies rule
Gray--> limitations applied to the allies
Mint ---> Exclusions applied when using the special allies rule

Obviously those in gray and mint do not apply to the sentence in magenta.. or in Brood brothers case you cant take a Patriarch when you take brood brothers, or using Daemonic pact would mean no Chaos model in your chaos army can be a warlord.

recruitment.thumb.jpg.75b030bb9a1c373d777b3bd90edf8ff4.jpg

And yes, there are weird interactions.. in Both of them in fact... as the Corsairs and Travelling players rule is in the wrong Index ( should really be in the drukhari one... Brood brothers also isnt in the Astra militarum index but in the genestealer cults one) but the Ynnari one has some strange interactions.. like allowing Drazhar in an army where Yvraine is the warlord. ( Thats like Haarkan worldclaimer highfiving Guilleman in the same force.) and a confusing title for some.

As I said with the codex weirdness, I think that at one point the Voidreavers kit served as a dual purpose kit.. you could make Anhranthe Voidreavers or use the Visarch like helmets for a bespoke Ynnari unit.. lets call them Soulreavers.. some of GWs weirder decisions come from a place of streamlining/simplifying; To avoid confusion in Ynnari you could only use Soulreavers (without the anhrathe keyword.) and outside of Ynnari you could only use Voidreavers... I think the unit dissapeared (together with some other things like the "Agents of the Aeldari" keyword.) but they forgot to remove the Anhrathe exclusion.

Back to the index; I think the inclusion of the drukhari units rule (named Ynnari) is hastely put together to not invalidate previous armies.. using a more general copy paste from the codex approach, as opposed of looking at the interactions, or the addition of corsairs to Yvraine and the Visarch leader options might have been a last minute addition.

And here we are.