My New Gaming Table

Valerian

The new gaming table is coming along, slowly, but surely.  Have only been able to stain the slats that cover the vault, so far.  Just need to wait long enough for the Tung Oil to completely dry, then I can put the polyurethane on the slats.  When I can get a couple buddies over here to help me carry the table up to the garage, then I can start working on staining and then sealing the rest of it; I don't want to do that work down here in the living area.  

Vault size is 66" x 37", and the table is 73" x 44" with the slats in place to use the whole tabletop.  

image.thumb.png.178b126f272074144bcdd66fdef183f8.pngimage.thumb.png.90420b79e38495dd970da75346b15a4c.png

Most of the work was actually done by the carpenters that finished our basement.  I've just been doing the sanding and staining, and finishing it up.  My actual handy skills are pretty limited.  

8 hours ago, sbarnby71 said:

Very nice, got any pics of how the vault works, is it slide out draws or does the table top lift?

It's three different slats (about 22" x 37") that lift out.

image.thumb.png.07f16f4a7e68d15b8e00995570e17306.png

image.thumb.png.17e2cdff488a0a043fb5eac161a6d4b4.png

3 hours ago, Eilio Tiberius said:

Ha! Upon second glance, is that a Chessex style grid map for Dungeons and Dragons I spy?!?!? ;)

Yes indeed, although I switched over to Pathfinder 2e last year.  I run games for my two teenagers.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got the rest of the table stained, finally, and the first coat of polyurethane on.  I intend to do three coats, but we'll see if my motivation stays up enough for me to do more than two.  At 50 years old, I did not enjoy crawling around on the floor to get the legs and underside edges, etc.

image.thumb.png.a9ec67db464f1526299d26c41b57441a.png