my first hunt

yan

so Ive played my first game of 10th yesterday against Tau. and really enjoyed it! I like the mission so far, Melee kind of sucks this edition. but most things are bit more durable then i expected.

I brought:

Chaplin with 16 bloodclaws in a stormwolf

techmarine

primaris lieutenant with assault intercessors in a razorback

wolflord on thunderwolf with 6 twc

6 more twc

redemptor dread

wulfen dread

venerable dread

infiltrators

20230707_202144.thumb.jpg.0ce9f9e72b25f078c56924ef57dcb14d.jpg

i deployed the twc aggressively because its hard to hide everything and get cover anyways. i had first turn and took control of the center. he deployed very far back so i couldnt get charges  and also had a hard time getting targets for my shooting. meltas and auto cannons really dont have much range anymore and he was taking advantage of this by move blocking me with some troops and transports, therefor it was hard to hit his hammerheads and cirsis suits in the back witch where blasting away my entire army. he rolled almost on every shot a 6 for devestating wounds, so everytime d6+6 mortals was insane. t1 the wulfen dread got shot, t2 the stormwolf, turn 3 the redemptor and turn 4 the razorback and venerable. in return i almost killed nothing, but i forgot oaths of moment for the entire game XD still wounding vehicles is really hard and realized i need to bring some s10+ guns.

turn 5 i almost, but the infiltrators on my home objective,  got tabled, but still managed to score almost all my secondary's and scored a lot on primary for 4 turns so managed to win the game.

Good practice game.

next weekend ill play n rtt and im thinking of bringing the next list. what do you all think about it what would you change?

chaplin with 10 bloodclaws in a landraider

primaris tech marine

wolflord on thunderwolf with 6 twc

10 bloodclaws in a rhino

6twc

6twc

grav devastators in a razorback

predator destructor

whirlwind

22 hours ago, yan said:

primaris lieutenant with assault intercessors in a razorback

I think that is illegal. Unfortunately Razorbacks cannot transport Tacticus which include the Assault Intercessors and Primaris Lt.

I would swap them out in your next game.

22 hours ago, yan said:

grav devastators in a razorback

whirlwind

Grav Devs in a Razorback will be a better choice IMHO and will help deal with your vehicle woes. Just beware putting all your anti-tank in one basket as they will likely have a big bullseye painted on them.

Remember that most of your tanks can carry Hunter Killer Missiles. While only 1-shot, they are great to shoot at OOM targets because S14 will wound most stuff on a 3+.  Two or Three tanks/transports all popping their Hunter-KIllers together can be surprisingly effective in boosting your alpha-strike.

A your right! I didnt notice, i was to hyped that the primaris keyword was gone.

But they didnt do much anyway.

I dont think its all the eggs in one basket since there is also a land raider with 4lass and a predator for fire support.

I dont have all the modells gor 4 gravs so probably its gonna be 2 and 2 meltas

Yesterday I played another game against deathwatch. I took the list i mentiont above.

He took something like:

Landraider redeemer with agressor squat and captain.

Gladiator lancer

Stormspeeder thunderstrike

3x Centurion

6x eredicators with captain

5x trrminators

2x 3 incepotors

I was lucky to take turn one, because land raiders are really hard to hide.

I couldnt get an angel on the gladiator so i put oaths on his land raider and destroyed it with my predator and land raider. Then the razorback and devastators killed two agressors.

I thought i already won there, but then his gladiator and stormspeeder blew up my landraider. Omg i was impressed about that gladiator! 2 72" heavy 3+ s14 -4 d6+3 is insane with rerolling a hit, wound AND damage roll!! For 10pnts more then my predator. Omg I want one! (Or two).

His agressors shot at my devastators but only killed two, then charged the twc on the middle objective and killed one, in return i killed two agressors.

With a bit of help from oaths i managed to kill the gladiator with my predator.

My bloodclaws that came out of the gladiator charged a character somewhere near the middle where he deployed an objective (we were playing the ritual).

My twc stayed in combat with his agressors in the middle, but kept the objective. An other unit failed a charge on his centurions in his deployment zone and the last unit stayed back to screen out my back field. Im starting to love these big bases since we get cover now and can very easy screen out for deepstrike and entire objectives now!

At the end of my movement phase he brought in the eredicators and terminators in on his side if the board.

His turn two he killed my predator with his eradicators and my rhino with his terminators and thunderstrike. He charged the remaining bloodclaws with chaplin and wiped them. I finished of his last agressor in the middle with my twc.

My turn i charged his terminators with a unit twc with wolflord. Charged his eredicators with my remaining unit of bloodclaws, gave them both the lance ability (+1 to wound) and killed most of them. Another unit twc charged the centurion and killed two.

His turn 3 he concealded with only two units inceptors and the stormspeeder left, and already far behind on primary and secondary.

What ive learned from this game is that people struggle hard with twc, so i can really recomand to bring them. Especially with a wolflord who lets you do a free strategem (assault doctrine, fight on death, +1 to wound) and can get 7 s10 ap2 d3 attacks on the charge with the honour vehement.

And that gladiator lancers are horrendous!

Im thinking about swapping out my predator for 1 (i do have 5 points left and can swap the primaris tech for an ironpriest for the other 5)

Im also concidering to either swap the devastators + razorback for another gladiator + scoutsnipers or switch the devestators + razorback and rhino for another landraider (redeemer?). What do you think?