Adepta Sororitas Combat Patrol box not 500 points?

Go to solution Solved by Foremole,

Recently got a box of Adepta Sororitas Combat Patrol, but when I calculate all the points, including the weapons that are listed in the assembly instructions, I get 330 points.  I've ran through it a couple times and I don't believe I've made any mistakes with the equippment, but every where I look it says that it should be around 500 points, one source even said fully equipped it was 540 points, so I'm very confused about the point value of the army.

Here's my calculations if needed:

Canoness is 50, equipped with plasma pistol, power sword, rod of office, frag grenades, and krak grenades.
this appears to match molded gear

Battle Sisters are 22 base, but equipped with a lot
base equipped with bolt pistol, boltgun, frag grenades, and krak grenades.
equippment based of labels from assembly is:
1 sister with a simulacrum imperialis per the wargear options, so +5
1 sister with a stormbolter per the second wargear option, so +5
1 sister with a flamer per the third wargear option, also +5
the rest have standard equippment, the total comes to:
37 points

Seraphim Squad is 24 base, equipped with 2 bolt pistols, frag grenades, and krak grenades.
the seraphim supierors bolt pistols have been replaced with a plasma pistol and a power sword, being +5 each for a total of +10
the rest are equipped with standard gear so the total is:
34 points

Repentia Superior is 40 points, has neural whips, frag grendades, and krak grenades.
Sisters repentia is 16, base equipped with penitent eviscerator
Technically different units, lumped together in building.

arco flagellants are 13, equipped with arco-flails
assuming 1 is equipped with +5 endurant implants, per the options
total of:
18 points

penitent engine is 50, equipped with 2 ministorum heavy flamers and 2 penitent buzz-blades
this seems to match

sororitas rhino is 80, equipped with storm bolter
hunter killer missile for +5 in accordance to the options.
has some transport options and abilities.

• Solution

So, two things (and bear in mind I'm new to 40,000 myself so I may be getting this wrong):

1) It looks like you're using the points for 9th edition as opposed to 10th. 10th has all the points based on preset unit sizes, where your Battle Sisters squad is always 10 models and always 110 points.

2) It looks like you're not paying for each model in the squad. 10 Battle Sisters costs 110 points in 9th - 11 points for each Sister + 11 points for the Sister Superior. The Battle Sisters, Seraphim Squad, Sisters Repentia, and Arco Flagellants should all be much higher costs if you're taking all the models in the box in each unit.

Yes, I am using the 9th edition points system instead of the new power rating system, as 9th has more readily available information without purchasing a rulebook or codex.  I believe that I am paying for each model, as you don't need to pay that much, for example with the battle sisters squad, the Sister Superior is 11 points whereas between 4-19 battle sisters is 11 points per that many, so if you have 38 battle sisters you would have 22 points for all of them, plus the 11 for the Sister Superior, but in this case since I have less than 19 models total in the unit so the unit should only be 22 points without gear.  At least, this is how I interpreted the stats on games-workshop.  This makes sense to me because a Sister Superior would have more points than a regular sister since she's more powerful.

Edited by Viridium IV

From page 241 of the 9th Edition Core Book: "A unit's points value is calculated by adding together the points value of every individual model (emphasis mine) in that unit and the points value of every individual weapon equipped by a model in that unit." So you should be spending 11 points per Sister. Think of the Sister Superior's extra strength as being like a free upgrade.

Also, the 10th edition rules and army lists are available for free on the Warhammer Community website, no need to buy any books.

your points are still wrong for what's in the box;

• Cannoness (1 model) - 60pts
  • Battle Sister Squad (10 models) - 110pts
  • Repentia squad (5 models) - 75pts
  • Arco-flagellants (3 models) - 45pts
  • Seraphim squad (5 models) - 70pts
  • Penitent Engine (1 model) - 60pts
  • Sororitas Rhino (1 model) - 80pts

that comes out to exactly 500pts using the point values from the MUNITORUM FIELD MANUAL - VERSION 1.2 pdf on the official site at the time of writing this.

addendum - all of the Combat Patrol boxes come out to exactly 500pts with the new point values for 10th edition. this was done purposely when they were making the point values and reboxing the starter box sets for all the factions.

Edited by Dusktiger

On 7/10/2023 at 5:43 AM, Viridium IV said:

Yes, I am using the 9th edition points system instead of the new power rating system, as 9th has more readily available information without purchasing a rulebook or codex.

Almost all rules for 10th edition are free, including core rules, army rules and points. 

On 7/9/2023 at 10:43 PM, Viridium IV said:

Yes, I am using the 9th edition points system instead of the new power rating system, as 9th has more readily available information without purchasing a rulebook or codex.

Points and rules for both 10th edition 40k and Combat Patrol are free and readily available from either the official app or the Warhammer Community website under downloads.

Please note that combat patrol is a separately balanced game format that does not use points. Take everything in the box and match it up against everything in any other combat patrol box. The rules are therefore a tad different than the index rules for 40k.

Edited by Lemondish