Consolidated Epic scale subforum

With the upcoming release of Epic: Legions, and the mothballing of Aeronautica, can I suggest that these two, together with Adeptus Titanicus, are consolidated into a single 'Epic scale games' subforum? I don't think any of the individual games generates enough topics to risk drowning out the others, and it'd be cool for AI players to continue to have somewhere a bit more lively than a dedicated subforum is likely to be.

On 7/10/2023 at 11:43 AM, Brother Tyler said:

That is one of the options we are discussing.

In the interim however, would it not be possible just to add a sub forum for LI into Other Games? It would be the ideal place for @Captain Idaho's topic about xenos for instance.

Creating a sub-forum for Legions Imperialis in Other Games is another one of the options we're discussing. Since xenos aren't part of the game, Homegrown Rules is an existing forum that is suitable. We don't need to create a forum that might be temporary.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 4:23 AM, apologist said:

With the upcoming release of Epic: Legions, and the mothballing of Aeronautica, can I suggest that these two, together with Adeptus Titanicus, are consolidated into a single 'Epic scale games' subforum? I don't think any of the individual games generates enough topics to risk drowning out the others, and it'd be cool for AI players to continue to have somewhere a bit more lively than a dedicated subforum is likely to be.

We did something a little different because, aside from being in Epic scale there is nothing that is common to all three games.

Instead, we have consolidated the three hobby games that are set in during the Horus Heresy into the Horus Heresy category. The overarching forum for the setting is the Age of Darkness forum. Each of the three games has its own main forum, giving the common name for the game (e.g., "Adeptus Titanicus" instead of "The Horus Heresy: Adeptus Titanicus") for easier recognition. The exception is the forum for the Horus Heresy hobby game (not the boardgame from FFG and its predecessor), which is "Warhammer: The Horus Heresy" to distinguish it from both the old boardgame and the category. The other forums that were previously in that category for the Horus Heresy game (Rules, Tactica, and Army Lists) have become sub-forums of the game's main forum, with their names shortened to keep things clean.

Some may wonder why Aeronautica Imperialis wasn't included in this since there is an expansion for playing that game in the Horus Heresy setting. The basic answer to that is that the game remains a "modern era" game (i.e., Era Indomitus) featuring the Imperium of M41 and other forces of that setting. As long as the official game maintains that paradigm, Aeronautica Imperialis will remain in the Other Games forum within the In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future category. If GW ever changes the game to be solely set within the Horus Heresy setting, we'll move it.

It should be noted that the Age of Darkness forum will most likely cover the lore of the setting. In this, there is considerable overlap with the Black Library forum. The distinction is that the Age of Darkness forum covers the lore in a general sense while the Black Library forum is specifically about the works of fiction (i.e., the books). That is kind of fuzzy, I know.

As always, homegrown rules for a game can take place in the forum for that game and/or in the Homegrown Rules forum.