Mission deck errors?

Got an email from GW about the mission cards having some kind of printing error. 

Hi there,

We wanted to get in touch with you about your order xxxx which contained the new Warhammer 40,000 Chapter Approved Mission Deck.

It has come to our attention that there is an error in the print-run of the deck that was sent to you.

We’re very sorry that this product did not meet our usual high standards, and we would like to offer you a Virtual Gift Voucher for the price of that product, $37, to spend however you wish on Games Workshop.com

You do not need to return the product. We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Voucher Code: xxxxxx

We are in the process of resolving this issue and aim to have the updated Chapter Approved Mission Deck available again before the end of the year.

If you have any queries about this or any other questions please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards

Any word on what the problems are?

Edited by TrawlingCleaner
Edited Formatting

I got a full refund from Element games earlier this week and asked around.

From what I can gather it is something to do with the back of the cards and the symbols for the missions not being the same. I've checked mine and they seem the same but my mate is bringing his set from the box set to see if we can see any difference.

I'll let you know if we discover any differences.

4 minutes ago, Castigator said:

I got a full refund from Element games earlier this week and asked around.

From what I can gather it is something to do with the back of the cards and the symbols for the missions not being the same. I've checked mine and they seem the same but my mate is bringing his set from the box set to see if we can see any difference.

I'll let you know if we discover any differences.

This is it. Three of the Mission cards have the wrong symbols on the back of their cards:

• Mission Rule "Supply Lines" is printed with the Primary Mission symbol
  • Primary Mission "Take and Hold" is printed with the Mission Rule symbol
  • Secondary Mission - Attacker "Secure No Man's Land" is printed with the Gambit symbol

It's not the case for the Leviathan deck, only the Missions decks bought seperately.

Shame it got past quality control in the first place, but impressed they have made steps to rectify it. 

its actually potentially a quite interesting insight into the paper based printing timeframe - before end of year we can probably assume November - December timeframe which for a recall replacement would probably have a high urgency on doing. 

also I wonder when, where and how they identified the problem, but of a process failure if it wasn’t until it was in the hands of customers. 

Well that's not a surprise. I'm not buying a card or book for 10th because of how error strewn they are.

I've never known such widespread poor quality control from GW regarding the release of a major product. There must be some turbulence in the company we don't know about.

2 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

Well that's not a surprise. I'm not buying a card or book for 10th because of how error strewn they are.

I've never known such widespread poor quality control from GW regarding the release of a major product. There must be some turbulence in the company we don't know about.

Things like this wouldnt be a major issue if they were fully digital...

37 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Amusing this never happened when it was a book!

I much preferred the mini book rather than having to sort card piles out:sad:

Being able to just deal a card that sits at the edge of the table easy to reference and next to all the other mission and deployment parameters is so nice it's almost crazy to me we didn't get this til 10th as a standard. The old way seems so obtuse now.

44 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Being able to just deal a card that sits at the edge of the table easy to reference and next to all the other mission and deployment parameters is so nice it's almost crazy to me we didn't get this til 10th as a standard. The old way seems so obtuse now.

We had them in 2nd edition. Should never have moved on.

14 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

This is it. Three of the Mission cards have the wrong symbols on the back of their cards:

• Mission Rule "Supply Lines" is printed with the Primary Mission symbol
  • Primary Mission "Take and Hold" is printed with the Mission Rule symbol
  • Secondary Mission - Attacker "Secure No Man's Land" is printed with the Gambit symbol

It's not the case for the Leviathan deck, only the Missions decks bought seperately.

And not all of them are quite the same, for example, in my deck, the first 2 are true, but the third "secondary mission attacker no man's land" is printed with the correct symbol on mine.

So random...

7 hours ago, Mumeishi said:

I feel sorry for the printers, knowing GW they will have forced a refund of their own out of this, the supplier will be a bit miffed about it too :sweat:

Don't feel sorry for the printers, this is most likely the printer's fault and not GWs. I say this because my cards only have one card that is wrong and the other two are ok which makes me believe that the process has gone wrong somewhere when setting up the print machine. That and my 35years experience as a printer :wink:

At a guess they used more than one printer or the printer outsourced part of the job

If there were 500k sets of cards for Leviathan boxes and then another couple of hundreds of thousands?

Still annoying to us punters though that they arrived late. They should include the correct/replacemenr cards or as many as they can in the next white dwarf or ship them to GWs

The negativity thrown at GW over anything is just ridiculous, and IMO shades when they are due criticism.

They've identified an issue, and (fairly swifted) acted to correct the issue by compensating customers. Frankly, it seems a lot to refund the whole cost for such a small error too. I think this is a huge well done to their customer services department, which is actually quite a common story. 

Yet there are plenty trying to create a 'LOL GW sUcKz' bandwagon when plainly there no need for one here.