Psychophage conversion idea

Irate Khornate

Id wondwr how the size profile compares but iv seen people convert the... rear... to fire like the bugs in starship troopers. 

My thought wss could be fun to convert that... butt... to spawn gaunts ala terviagon

Edited by Brother nathan

3 hours ago, Brother nathan said:

Id wondwr how the size profile compares but iv seen people convert the... rear... to fire like the bugs in starship troopers. 

My thought wss could be fun to convert that... butt... to spawn gaunts ala terviagon

I have seen several conversions where they took the birthing sack from the tervigon and fit it to the psychophage.

The psycho phage is definitely a more slender profile in the front but I feel like the abdomen is just as wide as the exocrine. Plus I was planning on sitting the bio Cannon under the vents and above the head on that blank spot.

• 1 month later...

This is the same idea I came here to ask about. I did not want to create a new thread because the title says it all...

The exocrine and the terviagon both jump out as prime candidates for a kitbash using the psychophage as a base and left over bits from one of the many dual kits. Are there any other options that might work well? Maybe the haruspex or toxicrene?

The psychophage mouth appears to be a good spot to mount a new head from one of the kits above. With some carving and bits swapping the sky is the limit with tryanids. What other psychophage conversion ideas do you all have? 

Just built my first one so now ive seen it properly my thoughts... 

On repositioning... doable. Not the hardest. Especially the legs. Body tilting will be a pain due to the one piece nature of the torso but not impossible.tenticles and mouth harder but doable. If i get a second i will give it a go...

To make other things... shouldnt be too bad. Vent smoke easily removed. Leg changes easy. May want to loose tiny legs and put bigger ones on rear abdomen.  The exocrine on tail would be pretty easily doable. As would the terviagon sac. 

Head swap could be brilliant. Remove tenticles and everything up to plate and insert a head into new maw could look cool as.

Certainly lots of play in it for What can be got for less than £10 online...

• 3 months later...

I picked up another 2 Psychophages for peanuts thanks to GW's scalper beating oversupply of Leviathan, and am considering what to turn them into - my thought was to turnthe front parts into pyrovores, with some carnifex plates and other bits - the Exocrine would be an ideal thing to turn the rest into, but I get the feeling that the phage is a lot smaller, but maybe it's in the posing?

BZ6ruHU.jpeg

The phage abdomen seems as bulky as the exocrine thorax, however it would need pointing upwards to have the same profile, unless you reverse the phage and have the exo gun firing out of it's ass, which has been suggested above. The arms and legs are also a lot bulkier and have claws/hooves as opposed to talons, so maybe some change needed there. 

jgceEHq.jpg

Massive massive difference in bulk as seen from above. I definitely wouldn't be happy just sticking a gun on one and calling it done. 

• 4 weeks later...