Wings of Dawn, 5th Company - my Primaris Project

Berzul

Hey everyone.

I am back after a long hiatus. Which seems to be the theme for many others, from what I can read across the board. Looks like 10th Edition has brought many battle brothers back into it.

For myself, I haven't been around in quite some time. Over a year and a half since my last post in the forum at large. And I have not just been away from here, but from the hobby at large, too. I stored my miniatures a while back, as I had gotten into a routine that did not allow me to play at all, and I did not take them out again. Even after that routine had passed. Life has a way of doing that, to you. You think you are putting off something for a little bit, but while your hobbies are on pause something else will always creep up and take over that now "free" spot in your mind and schedule. Pretty soon, you can hardly remember the last time you rolled some dice.

Two things have brought me back. The first is, of course, 10th Edition, which gives me a good push to try and hobby once again. The second is, most importantly, the return of the Lion. 

I have always been a strict Firstborn player. For various reasons, Primaris had never been something I felt much interest int. After a long time of teasing from my friends in my gaming group, I ended up vowing that I would finally get into collecting and playing Primaris "when and if" the Lion returned. Lo and behold, the Lion returned! So my Firstborn are being now mostly (but not entirely, or permanently) being given a good rest in storage and display. It is time to start collecting Primaris.

So, I dusted off some boxes I had in storage. Like the old Indomitus box. I also got myself some small number of goodies. All in order to gather enough sprues to begin a 1.000 point project, to start with. Which will be painted (mostly) in the colors of the 5th Company of my successors, the Wings of Dawn. As the 4th and 5th companies I always planned as small corners of the army, as a whole, for these kinds of marines. Which means that these guys will be in green, and with black for their company colors (as my successors are Codex Compliant, in that sense).

IMG-20230714-164320352-HDR.jpg

Now, yeah, there are a lot more things here than what you'd use for a mere 1k list of marines, but that is because a lot of what is here I will be leaving for a second stage of my Primaris collection. Specially the Lion. A friend of mine who is a competitive painter humbly requested the chance to paint it for me, and to leave it with me as a gift. Given that he paints considerable better than me, and that it IS the Primarch, I figured I might as well acquiesce to his request. 

From here, what I will work on is:

Azrael

The Primaris Techmarine

The 10 Assault Intercessors

Two squads of 5 Intercerssors

A squad of 6 Bladeguard Veterans

A squad of 3 Erradicators

And the Whirlwind (to have SOME Firstborn goodness in the list, in any case).

It is going to be a slow going project, but I will be working on it two mornings a week, on average. Starting tomorrow, tuesday, which is assembly day! I plan on tackling this small project in stages, and with as much method and discipline as I can muster, given my circumstances. 

I am excited to be back. To my successor chapter, to the hobby, and to the boards.

I'll be bringing some pictures of my progress, to put in this thread, as it all goes along.