Soooo....10th

Dread

I'm 4 games in to this edition. First with my Necrons, 2nd and 3rd with bugs but the game I enjoyed the most was my 4th using my sisters. However these data cards and no real building structure I'm still getting used to. 

My biggest grip is what they've done to the Exorcist. Should be -3 ap at str 10. I think the idea of the low aps on krak and the such is to help vehicles and monsters survivability.  I believe strength 8 and 9 should be -2, 10 and 11 should be -3 and 12 or more should be -4.  It's not here or there but that's my rant.

As for the rest, I really enjoy the rest of the rules except the Dogmata, that is for now, I think they'll get they're good rules back when the book comes out considering it's one of the latest models out.

As a whole tho, they can hold their own, better than my bugs for sure. It's really good to be in a place where I focus on them as my primary army for the future. So back to painting them.

Enjoy.

11 hours ago, Dread said:

My biggest grip is what they've done to the Exorcist. Should be -3 ap at str 10. I think the idea of the low aps on krak and the such is to help vehicles and monsters survivability.  I believe strength 8 and 9 should be -2, 10 and 11 should be -3 and 12 or more should be -4.  It's not here or there but that's my rant.

I'm going to somewhat disagree with you here. Not necessarily about what AP the Exorcist should have. I haven't played or studied the codex enough to have an opinion on that. But AP and STR definitely should not be linked like you suggest. They are meant to be two unrelated dials that can each be tweaked to adjust weapons to do different things. If they are directly correlated, then there is no point in having two different stats. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just not seeing how sisters are playable in this edition.  I also play guard, and my impression is that russes are hard to kill, but mostly harmless, while Dorns are impossible to kill and capable of hosing infantry off of 2-3 different objectives without moving an inch, if properly placed.  Nevertheless, an army that lacks any tools to deal with heavily armored vehicles is doomed in 10th.  The worst part is what they've done to melta.  Oh, it's AP-4 and does a fair number of wounds?  That'd be fine if it wounded on 3+ or even 4+.  My eyes can only roll so hard!

57 minutes ago, march10k said:

I'm just not seeing how sisters are playable in this edition.  I also play guard, and my impression is that russes are hard to kill, but mostly harmless, while Dorns are impossible to kill and capable of hosing infantry off of 2-3 different objectives without moving an inch, if properly placed.  Nevertheless, an army that lacks any tools to deal with heavily armored vehicles is doomed in 10th.  The worst part is what they've done to melta.  Oh, it's AP-4 and does a fair number of wounds?  That'd be fine if it wounded on 3+ or even 4+.  My eyes can only roll so hard!

Which Russes are you using?!? I've seen leman russ demolishers annihilate other tanks and monsters with ease.

As for sisters, we're not in a great spot, but can be decent as long as we focus on objectives and mobility. My Seraphim and Zephyrim have won me a few games