Does one type of Aggressor work better for us in 10th than the other?

Helias_Tancred

Flamers get a lot of mileage out of the improved Overwatch stratagem.

In most other regards, I would say Boltstorm are probably superior and they synergise well with the Bolter Discipline Enhancement.  Apothecary Biologis with Bolter Discipline also works well and is pretty cheap as the combo of Sustained Hits and Lethal Hits is pretty spicy, particularly when it triggers on a 5+ in the Devastator Doctrine. A 6-man squad of Aggressors with Boltstorm will get about 13 auto-wounds and 26 further regular hits (with rerolls to Wound from twin-linked).

*For the most part* unless the chapter has specific Flamer benefits like previous edition Salamanders, the boltstorm Aggressors will perform better than the Flamestorms.

Flame Storms hit 100% of about half the shots.  (D6 shots auto hit - 3.5 hits per shooting)

AKA

Boltstorms have a little over double the shots, and hit 2/3's of them.  (6.5 shots, 4.(something) hits per shooting)

Boltstorms have more range.

Flamestorm skipping the hit roll actually REMOVES a lot of the gimmick/synergy play Aggressors have available to them through the Biologis with Bolter Discipline.

Last edition Boltstormers did 3+3+3.5 shots 9.5 hitting 2/3 is 6.Something hits.  FlameStormers did 2D6 = 7ish hits.  Twin Linking really hurt the FlameStormers because they did not have the second/third rate of fire boost from the grenade harness. 

On 7/22/2023 at 12:16 AM, Tacitus said:

Flamestorm skipping the hit roll actually REMOVES a lot of the gimmick/synergy play Aggressors have available to them through the Biologis with Bolter Discipline.

I was thinking of running the Biologis and my Gravis Captain with them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bolter Discipline is only from the Gladius detachment right? I sorta like the Unforgiven one better, but still granting lethal hits on everything is big.