9x19 Parabellum Posted July 21, 2023 Share Posted July 21, 2023 (edited) So, a thought occurred to me and I looked it up and it appears I'm right here (I haven't seen anyone else mention this, so as far as I know, I discovered something! YAY ME). -Grimaldus' unit is himself and his 3 servitors. It is a unit of 4 models. The unit entry says the invuln save is 4++ (and the servitors have a 3+ anyway). -There is nothing in the unit entry regarding constraints about how or if or when you can allocate damage/wounds to the various models. -Only Grimaldus has the "Character" keyword. The Servitors do not. A careful reading of the "LEADER" rules indicates (among other things), the following: -attacks against the bodyguard/attached unit use Toughness characteristic of the bodyguard (not a factor as everyone will have T4) -each time an attack successfully wounds the unit, attacks cannot be allocated to a CHARACTER MODEL in that unit. This means that; -attacks can be allocated to cenobyte servitors -you can enjoy their 3+ armor save/4++ invuln save -do this until you only have 1 cenobyte servitor left (assuming you care about being able to take advantage of Grimaldus' Temple Relics special ability). So in affect, Grimaldus joining <your preferred BT unit> means you got 2 ablative wounds/models that are even better at soaking lascannon shots than a Neophyte! Edited July 21, 2023 by 9x19 Parabellum 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379612-a-closer-look-at-grimaldus/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Medjugorje Posted July 21, 2023 Share Posted July 21, 2023 sounds very interesting. I just had 2 games in this edition with my BT yet. And no game with Grim although I am sure he is a BEAST. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379612-a-closer-look-at-grimaldus/#findComment-5973744 Share on other sites More sharing options...
SkimaskMohawk Posted July 21, 2023 Share Posted July 21, 2023 I literally just had a game last night using grimaldus for the first time and thought the same thing. The character keyword is what restricts allocation, and the servitors are missing it; if you've already activated the power and are kinda where you want, you can burn down the servitors without worry. It also means they can't be sniped to kill off the ability. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379612-a-closer-look-at-grimaldus/#findComment-5973760 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now