Brainstorming converting Cryptothralls imitating Marines (with Marine bitz)

N1SB

I had An Idear.  Necrons are kinda like T-800s from the Terminator film series.  I wanted to maybe make Cryptothralls like T-1000s, imitating the 40k poster child, Marines.

Where did this idea come from?  Cryptothralls were a new concept to me, kudos to you guys (Brother @Nap time Necron in particular), and upon looking at them, I noticed a Toughness 4, 3+ Save, 2 Wounds stat profile...very similar to a Marine's.  Then I remembered 1st ed, Orks actually built these little robots called Tinboyz that looked like a mockery of Marines, Squats and Eldar.  I just thought an awakening Cryptek constructing Cryptothralls imitating Marines (flesh Guardsmen were too difficult, but a fully power armoured soldier was easy for them) to kinda recon for them, figure out what's going on.

INB4 "hey, it's your army, do what you like."  Thanks for that support, but just wondering what everyone's gut feel would be before I commit.  Thanks in advance.

Thoughts in no particular order;

1- Twin chainswords, held reverse grip to mimic the talons

2- replace chest emblem with Necron chest cartouche

3- Skull face/helms maybe?

4- Assault Marine/Intercessor running legs

The most important thing is that they look distinctly Necron.

I like most of what brother Grot is suggesting, but I’ll counter skull-helms with Necron heads. Seating them in a marine chestplate will be tricky, granted, but I think some visual uncanny valley would be excellent. I’d also maybe suggest a bit of a hunched over appearance if you can make it work—Cryptothralls are known as murderbuckets for a reason! :happy:

Remember that the cryptothrall is a concept and doesn't actually have to be a cryptothrall model inside - I'm sure they have all kinds of thralls.

Flayed ones wear the skin of humans, why not take the next logical step and put them in armour? Maybe the necron has mindshackle scarabs and has actually just mind controlled two marines from their collection to act as a bodyguard?

My first thought would be to have power armour, but with a necron power pack, however I remember that humans love to collect and restore old technology all the time, so why not necrons? Maybe he likes wheeling out the ancient inefficient atomic museum pieces to throw against their former allies?

Personally I'd go the flayed one route, intercessor body, but with the scalpel/claw hands.