DW Command Squad v/s Bladeguard Veterans, in 10th

Berzul

2 hours ago, Berzul said:

Do you think the model would look weird with a firstborn arm and sword?

Probably not. The height difference between Primaris and Firstborn is the sum of the differences of all the proportions. The difference in one arm is a lot less obvious. The Thunder Hammer arm on my Intercessor pack leaders is from the FB Space Wolf sprues and looks OK (to me at least :cool:).

gallery_82363_15236_435245.jpg

5 hours ago, Berzul said:

Same for the head. Would a robed helmet from a Company Veteran's kit look to small on a Judiciar model?

Modreds head is in fact that of a Firstborn Dark Angel Ravenwing Squadron, i only added a beard with Green Stuff.

The Shoulderpad is that of a Deathwing Knight, its all more or less interchangeable.

In the moment i work on Sternguard from the Leviathan Box Set and i also use Firstborn Heads as well as MK III Helmets on them without size problems.

I just clipped away at the shoulder until a shoulder pad would fit on it, looks so much better. Think I ended up using the Judiciar body for a BGV in the end (I've somehow ended up with 18 BGVs :blink:). I've been very tempted to bash together a DWCS out of bits and the Leviathan terminators. This discussion is proving helpful in that decision.

gallery_98904_14021_2042568.jpg

You guys are really talking me into the Judiciar, here.

I will admit I never even considered the model much. The Judiciar is a position that I didn't even know what it was about, until this conversation. After reading about what it is, though, I think I WILL go ahead and add it to the list of things Ill be working on.

I'm thinking I can place the Judiciar in the role of the Company Champion (a model that is only available at exorbitant prices on ebay, and that therefore I will NOT buy), as a great character-killer.

With the Heavenfall Blade or the Honor Vehement, his strength becomes something quite fearsome.

21 hours ago, Berzul said:

You guys are really talking me into the Judiciar, here.

I will admit I never even considered the model much. The Judiciar is a position that I didn't even know what it was about, until this conversation. After reading about what it is, though, I think I WILL go ahead and add it to the list of things Ill be working on.

I'm thinking I can place the Judiciar in the role of the Company Champion (a model that is only available at exorbitant prices on ebay, and that therefore I will NOT buy), as a great character-killer.

With the Heavenfall Blade or the Honor Vehement, his strength becomes something quite fearsome.

It was just available short term on the website, I suspect it will be on there full time when the codex hits - Company Command went away, the PRimaris Champion would be the only one left AND is in the PDF - so probably the Codex.  If it's not, people are going to be screaming about it going back on Limited Release.