Karhedron Posted July 30, 2023 Share Posted July 30, 2023 2 hours ago, Berzul said: Do you think the model would look weird with a firstborn arm and sword? Probably not. The height difference between Primaris and Firstborn is the sum of the differences of all the proportions. The difference in one arm is a lot less obvious. The Thunder Hammer arm on my Intercessor pack leaders is from the FB Space Wolf sprues and looks OK (to me at least ). 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977172 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barakiel Posted July 30, 2023 Share Posted July 30, 2023 5 hours ago, Berzul said: Same for the head. Would a robed helmet from a Company Veteran's kit look to small on a Judiciar model? Modreds head is in fact that of a Firstborn Dark Angel Ravenwing Squadron, i only added a beard with Green Stuff. The Shoulderpad is that of a Deathwing Knight, its all more or less interchangeable. In the moment i work on Sternguard from the Leviathan Box Set and i also use Firstborn Heads as well as MK III Helmets on them without size problems. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977243 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Knightsword Posted July 31, 2023 Share Posted July 31, 2023 I just clipped away at the shoulder until a shoulder pad would fit on it, looks so much better. Think I ended up using the Judiciar body for a BGV in the end (I've somehow ended up with 18 BGVs ). I've been very tempted to bash together a DWCS out of bits and the Leviathan terminators. This discussion is proving helpful in that decision. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977420 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Berzul Posted July 31, 2023 Author Share Posted July 31, 2023 You guys are really talking me into the Judiciar, here. I will admit I never even considered the model much. The Judiciar is a position that I didn't even know what it was about, until this conversation. After reading about what it is, though, I think I WILL go ahead and add it to the list of things Ill be working on. I'm thinking I can place the Judiciar in the role of the Company Champion (a model that is only available at exorbitant prices on ebay, and that therefore I will NOT buy), as a great character-killer. With the Heavenfall Blade or the Honor Vehement, his strength becomes something quite fearsome. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977523 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Barakiel Posted July 31, 2023 Share Posted July 31, 2023 In my resent Crusade i run him with the Honour Vehement and he is an absolut killer. He is accompanied by Blade Guard Veterans and i love it, so much style. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977774 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tacitus Posted August 1, 2023 Share Posted August 1, 2023 21 hours ago, Berzul said: You guys are really talking me into the Judiciar, here. I will admit I never even considered the model much. The Judiciar is a position that I didn't even know what it was about, until this conversation. After reading about what it is, though, I think I WILL go ahead and add it to the list of things Ill be working on. I'm thinking I can place the Judiciar in the role of the Company Champion (a model that is only available at exorbitant prices on ebay, and that therefore I will NOT buy), as a great character-killer. With the Heavenfall Blade or the Honor Vehement, his strength becomes something quite fearsome. It was just available short term on the website, I suspect it will be on there full time when the codex hits - Company Command went away, the PRimaris Champion would be the only one left AND is in the PDF - so probably the Codex. If it's not, people are going to be screaming about it going back on Limited Release. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/379695-dw-command-squad-vs-bladeguard-veterans-in-10th/page/2/#findComment-5977973 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now