1.5K Iron Hands List & Tactics Advice

Astartes Consul

Hello Brothers,

I've put together the following list for a super casual game at a new gaming club next week. Interested to see what people think, as much about how to use it as the list itself (as it is based on using all the painted models I have).

Iron Hands | 1,500
Rite of War:  Head of the Gorgon

HQ

Iron Father | 200
Legion Praetor [1]: Machinator Array, Cyber Familiar, Cortex Controller.

Elites

Castellax Battle-Automita Maniple | 315
Castellax [3]: Mauler Bolt Cannons, Shock Charger w/Maxima Bolter, Siege Wrecker.
Castellax [1]: Mauler Bolt Cannon, Shock Chargers w//Bolters.

Troops

Legion Tactical Squad | 175
Veteran Sergeant [1]: Power Fist, Bolter, Chain Bayonets, Artificer Armour.
Legion Tactical Marines [9]: Bolters, Chain Bayonets, Nuncio-Vox, Augury Scanner.

Legion Tactical Marines [9]: Bolters, Chain Bayonets, Nuncio-Vox, Augury Scanner.

Heavy Support

Legion Heavy Support Squad | 135
Veteran Sergeant [1]: Volkite Culverin, Artificer Armour.
Legion Support Marines [4]: Volkite Culverins, Augury Scanner.

Legion Predator Squadron | 325
Legion Predator Battle Tanks [2]: Graviton Cannons, Volkite Culverins, Searchlights.

I like it, though I'm not that familiar with Castellax. My guess is those four Castellax will be able to push people off of objectives, so your tac squads can walk onto them?

The only nitpick I have is consider a Delegatus if the RoW allows it, for the LD buff power and points economy. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the Graviton cannons  you are going to really only able to glance enemy armour to death which will take several turns.  With both Preds shooting at a Landraider this will be turn 3 assuming 2 hits from first turn - which will leave any other armour untouched. You may wish to think about some dedicated anti-armour as the cardboard preds are your only option at the moment.  

With the saving in points on the chain bayonettes you may be able to fit in a Rhino to at least help get one of your tac squads up the board quickly.

An Iron Father is also not able to join a unit of Castellax taken as part of Head of the Gorgon as he does not have the Automata unit type so he will have follow along within 12"  (see Automata unit type rules)

Edited by RoadRunna