Leaders sharing core keywords?

andes
Go to solution Solved by Dr_Ruminahui,

I've seen a lot of mention (online conversation, batreps, etc.) of Leaders sharing their keywords with their bodyguard unit, but I can't find anything in the core rules that says they can. In fact, I find a few related rules that imply they can't.

So Fraters, I look to you to educate me: do Leaders share their core keywords with their bodyguards and if so, where is the specific rule that says so?

• Solution

Its the 3rd bullet on page 7 of the Rules Commentary - https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/KBvH5h3oY5QREpmG.pdf - its not surprising that you missed it, as it can be difficult to find things in the Commentary unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Its always interesting to see the little surprises that a new edition brings - this isn't how I would have thought keywords would work.

Yeah, I know what you mean - you'll see an example of me getting the rules wrong for the same reason in the thread about persistent effects on characters where their attached unit is destroyed. :sweat: