Doing the 14th Legion wrong.

Hey Gederas and Urauloth. Thanks for stopping by and for the comments. 

I got some Grave Wardens up next. Given I’m doing this legion all wrong I’m going for an alternate color.   From what I know of the lore, these guys are Destroyers in all but name. So that’s how I’m painting them.  We shall see how it turns out. 

IMG_1481.jpeg

IMG_1483.jpeg

Thanks madlibrarian, and yeah I decided to keep them. I actually stripped them once already. I used a solid black and it did not go well. 

Thank you, Cactus.  And I see your point about the green. It does give that vibe on the Grave Wardens.   The other models look a little more drab. 

So here are a couple pics. Got a Venator, which is pretty sweet, and some Destroyers with twin hand flamers.  I love Destroyers. They are so totally 30k. 

IMG_1534.jpeg

IMG_1536.jpeg

So, Destroyers done.  And a Kratos and Assault Squad on deck.   I’ve never played a game of 30k or 40k in my life so I don’t know the rules hardly at all.  But I figure an assault squad would be useful for The Reaping since the rest of the army is so slow.  But I could be totally wrong. 

IMG_1548.jpeg

IMG_1549.jpeg

IMG_1550.jpeg

IMG_1551.jpeg

IMG_1554.jpeg

I'm really digging this clean-look Death Guard! I also really like the off-black you chose for the Destroyers and Grave Wardens.

I'm painting up some Death Guard myself, and I'll also be experimenting with a black destroyer scheme.

@Hungry Nostraman Lizard and @StratoKhan thanks, I’m glad you guys are liking the army. 

@MegaVolt87 yeah I plan to get him and do the black scheme.   Just for kicks. 

I’ve gotten quite a bit done. Assault Squad is up first and I think they look pretty good. I used 40k assault squad bits and they match the Mark VI really well.  I also built a Veteran squad, some Apothecaries, and a few Consuls. 

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1565.jpeg

IMG_1566.jpeg

IMG_1569.jpeg

@Xenith  Thanks Xenith.   One can never have too many 30k tanks. 

@Hungry Nostraman Lizard Short answer is no, not for this army.   I like Mark VI but I don’t love Mark VI. I’m really looking forward to the new Mark III and will buy all of them.   At some point I’ll probably do a a small allied detachment using them.   Maybe Blood Angels or World Eaters.  They do look good.