Search function always returning 0 results

Trokair

This morning, while wanting to double check something in a long thread, I thought I could find the page/post I was trying to remember by using the search function and some relevant words.

However the search function returned 0 results each time.  At first thought I had misspelled something and that therefore it could not find the misspelled word, but when I tried some other key words, ones I knew where correct because control F on my browser found them on the page, the forum search function still returned 0 results.

I changed the this forum/everywhere/ topic drop down menu and tired a few more times and no matter what I searched for it always came back with 0 results.  

I've narrowed down the places it's doing it, and it's definitely getting an empty list by the time it's generating the web page, which makes sense given the no content displayed in the activity feed. I'll see if I can dig further to see what the query is they're running. If I can run that by hand then we'll know a lot more if it fails or succeeds in a direct query.

The reason I suspect the sidebar is still displaying things is that the search and activity aggregates multiple content types, whereas the sidebar is only handling posts, or topics, etc. in any given list it shows.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Any update on this?

Brother Tyler was talking to the hosting provider, but I don't know where we're at there.

If they say the hardware is fine, I'll try rebuilding the index again, and if that breaks, I'll have to try taking the server down completely and back up.

I can get it to work again rebuilding the search index, but that's not a solution if it keeps going down.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Thanks for the update, appreciate all the work you chaps are doing, looking forward to having the search function back!

No problems. It's gone down again, so what we're going to do is take the server down tomorrow, which I'll post an announcement for the time.