The Abomination (& Malevolence) Class Dreadnought (from Space Crusade)

40k_fan

How to recreate the original scale of the Abomination Class from space crusade

NOTE: This is not my scaled-up version, this is just for fans wanting to use the old model.

Leviathan Dreadnought

Weapons:

Two Heavy Bolters

Any of the following (pick 4, repeats allowed)

Assault cannon

Conversion beam cannon

Multi-melta

Missile launcher

That'll do fine honestly, for balance purposes at least.

Edited by 40k_fan

On 8/10/2023 at 2:22 AM, Xenith said:

It's almost verging into knight sized there no? Do you have any images of the original next to a marine, then a leviathan next to a modern marine to scale it right? Or are you intentionally going for massive?

Arguably the Leviathan is almost knight sized itself, I am just going for bigger knight size.

The original Malevolence/Abomination class wasn't much bigger than a regular Mortis dreadnought, but slightly taller, this is just my redesign of it to make it larger.

the Leviathan is about the same size as an Armiger knight, so this Abomination design is meant to be about the same size as a Questoris or Dominus, but probably smaller than the Cerastus.

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2023 at 9:10 PM, 40k_fan said:

image.png.f2f171871aedbd3df532e15f30cc86ae.png

Some art of my Abomination dreadnought redesign in scale comparison to the Leviathan Dreadnought.

Bigger is cooler.

I still have all three Space Crusade Dreadnoughts. Built two of them in the standard way and the third with long legs and four arms. There was an article in 3rd 40K to build any kind of custom vehicles.

On 9/17/2023 at 1:36 PM, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

I still have all three Space Crusade Dreadnoughts. Built two of them in the standard way and the third with long legs and four arms. There was an article in 3rd 40K to build any kind of custom vehicles.

Can you link the article or stats? I really want to see that now lol. Sounds really cool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[ - Recreating Old Dreadnoughts - ]

Space Crusade Dreadnought

Base: Deredeo-class Dreadnought

Melee: Armored Feet

Lower Weapon Mount: twin heavy bolters, twin multi-meltas, or twin heavy flamers

Upper Weapon Mounts: assault cannon, conversion beam cannon, grav-cannon, lascannon, multi-melta, plasma cannon, missile launcher

Marauder and Abomination Only: +2" Move

Example Stats:

image.png.56536c4dc25dbc0034dd51fec494437a.png

Malevolence-Class Dreadnought

Move 8" | Toughness 9 | Save 2+ | 12 Wounds | Leadership 6+ | OC 4

1 Assault Cannon; 1 Conversion Beam Cannon; Twin Heavy Bolter; Armored Feet

Multi-Melta

2 Shots | Range 18" | Ballistic Skill 3+ | Strength 9 | AP -4 | Damage D6 | Melta 2

Conversion Beam Cannon

1 Shot | Range 24" | Ballistic Skill 3+ | Strength 7 | AP -1 | Damage 3 | Conversion, Sustained Hits D3

Twin Heavy Bolter

3 Shots | Range 36" | Ballistic Skill 3+ | Strength 5 | AP -1 | Damage 2 | Sustained Hits 1, Twin-Linked

Armored Feet

4 Attacks | Strength 6 | AP 0 | Damage 1

Deadly Demise (D3)

Oath of Moment

Damaged (1-4 Wounds Remaining)

Targeter Optics

Each time this unit Remains Stationary, until the start of your next Movement phase, ranged weapons equipped by models in this unit have the [IGNORES COVER] and [LETHAL WOUNDS] abilities.

Edited by 40k_fan