40k_fan

Painfully Realistic Weapons, Teaser 1:

Laser Cannon

Type: Superheavy

Attacks: D6 (Beam, Arc, Cooldown)

Arc Range: 15 degrees/attack

Strength: 30 (Falloff -1/48")

Range: 960"

Armor Piercing: 0 (Focused Fire, Ignores Invulnerable Save)

Damage: 6

Gyrifle (Gyrojet Rifle)

Type: Rapid Fire Assault

Attacks: 10

Strength: 1 (Accelerate +1/60"/<120", Falloff -1/60"/>120")

Range: 240"

Armor Piercing: 0

Damage: 1

Other Abilities: Specialty Ammunition (Gyrojets)

Fragmentation Grenade

Type: Thrown

Attacks: 10 (Blast)

Blast Radius: 12"

Strength: 9 (Falloff 1/3")

Range: 24"

Blast Radius: 12"

Armor Piercing: -2

Damage: 1 (Disrupt Senses -1)

Thunder Hammer

Type: Melee

Attacks: Melee

Strength: x5

Range: Melee

Armor Piercing: 0 (Concussive)

Damage: 2

What do all these new random keywords I just made up mean? You will find out soon... It will be very interesting, it's an evolution of the 40k rules, just made needlessly more complex, purely for the reason that some people such as myself are nerds and want the silly tabletop game to align with real world physics. Very fun to make.

Edited by 40k_fan

• 3 weeks later...

I feel that you all deserve an explanation for some of these, since I just left you hanging when this got migrated

The idea of arc weapons is that each attack means making an attack role again all closest enemies in range in the arc traveled, or all enemies within arc in range if it's a arc-beam weapon

focused fire means for every subsequent attack against an enemy, the AP value of the attack improves (0, -1, -2, -3, etc...)

grenades work in such a way that a single location is selected in range

then it explodes hitting all enemies in radius or 10 if there are more than 10 total enemies

in blast, if there are half or less as many enemies as there are attacks, each attack deals x2 regular damage

melee weapons have absurdly high strength, because melee weapons in real life are actually stronger than a lot of people give them credit for

a baseball bat weighting nearly a kilogram swung at a speed of nearly 47 meters per second? I'd rather just be shot.

concussive means that it automatically wounds any target unless that target has invulnerable resistance

why are ranges longer? they just are in real life, the effective range of bullets isn't short and so what would realistic-weapons warhammer look like? you'd need a very big room to play it in, that's what.