Chaos Un-Decided

Professor

One thing that I have always struggled with is making a decision on paint scheme and sticking with it. 

My poor Eldar, who live with my son in California now, started their lives as Saam Haan, then Alaitoc, then Iyandon and now are a desert like Iyandon hybrid.... 

All of those iterations happened over a four or five year period.   

Now I have just completed building a CSM Combat patrol box. I also purchased a termie lord and he was the first I painted. 

I have this thing where I want something unique but within 40k canon and some what Fluffy. 

This is the first version, and I tried my hand at using the brass corrosion technical, forget the name.

As I upload these pics I realized that they are the version before the corrosive paint lol 

PXL_20230717_193842803.jpg

PXL_20230717_193856844.jpg

3 minutes ago, Professor said:

I have this thing where I want something unique but within 40k canon and some what Fluffy. 

Perhaps you could make a virtue of this? The Red Corsairs – late the Astral Claws – used to simply paint over their members' original heraldry with red crosses, obliterating their loyalty to the Throne on Terra.

You could revive this, painting every model as you wish, but uniting them with a similar simple device and common basing. 

6 minutes ago, apologist said:

You could revive this, painting every model as you wish, but uniting them with a similar simple device and common basing. 

If I remember right did the Dark Crusade RPG more or less expected the warband's CSM members to be from different origins. So a CSM force with different paint jobbs is canon.