Vehicle weapon LoS in 2.0

Cruor Vault

Where do you draw LoS from for vehicle weapons in 2.0? 

I was under the impression it was the same as older editions of 40K, where weapon arcs were defined by the core rulebook, but there still had to be a LoS within that arc drawn from the weapon mounting itself to the target.

Tonight I was playing a game and my opponent placed a Land Raider in such a way as both sponsons were completely obstructed by terrain the raider was hiding behind, then claimed LoS from the hull in order to shoot said sponsons.  I was unable to find anything in the vehicle LoS rules that actually discusses where weapon LoS is drawn from. 

Was I a victim of my own assumptions and the weapons locations are meaningless in 2.0  Or is there something elsewhere that clarifies the matter?

I think this sentence covers it on page 205, buried in the middle of a paragraph.

Each of a Vehicle’s weapons is mounted in a way that allows it to fire at targets in one or more Firing Arcs – specific zones from which targets may be selected if they are within line of sight. 

That being said, it's not definitive as it's missing the explicit rules from 1st. But, the rules also don't talk about using hull to draw los (the normal rules on page 155 talk about body); it kinda reads as if they accidentally cut the rules on how to measure vehicle los when they redid the arcs.

What Mr. Mohawk said.  We've had the same come up and came to the exact same conclusions as he said.

We've just been carrying on like it was the 1.0 mindset of "LoS from the barrel of the gun" for the sake of not breaking immersion and keeping it easy to enforce across all the various vehicle hull shapes, gun placements, etc...

Though some sponsons do break immersion implicitly under the 2.0 rules. Poor, poor armored proteus...

On page 206, under sponsons, we have this odd phrasing:

If the target of a Vehicle’s Shooting Attack is within
the Firing Arc for only one of a pair of Sponson weapons,
then the out of arc weapon may be firedat another enemy
unit of the controlling player’s choice. This Secondary Target
must be in the weapon’s line of sight and Firing Arc, but may
be from a different unit than the original target.

Which could be "do LoS as normal (i.e. hull)" or a leftover bit from 1.0?

Thanks for the responses.  I came to the same conclusions.  Unfortunately the player in question tends towards a RAW perspective rather than RAI and I was hoping to find something more clear cut. 

I suspect I'll be avoiding matches with them in the future for this and other reasons.  Luckily I live in a city city with Lots of Heresy Players, so I won't be losing out on chances to play.