Rule question: Commissar, Battleshock and Orders

domsto
Go to solution Solved by sairence,

In my last game me and my buddies had a disccusion about the interaction between the Commissar, battleshock and Orders. we didn't came to any conlusion so maybe someone here can help.

The quistion is as follows:

let's assume i have a Infantry Squad with a Commissar attached, in my commandphase i issue an Order to that squad. The unit is now affected by the Order. I proceede to the Battle shock sub-phase and the Unit fails the Battleshock check and are now battleshock and therefore no longer affected by the Order.

At the beginning of the movement phase the "summary execution" ability of the Commissar triggers and i remove a model and the Unit is no longer battle shocked.

What happens to the Order they got?

are the now affected by it again or is it gone?

I assume once the Order is lost, it is lost for good, which would make the Commissar pretty useless

Voice of Command says: 

. If a unit being affected by an Order becomes Battle-shocked, that Order ceases to affect that unit.

So I would guess RAW the order ceases.  But that seems stupid to me; I would just BLAM the guy immediately the way Summary Execution used to work.  It's not like Commissars are at any risk of becoming overpowered. 

*If you think about it we're the only faction where battleshock turns the army rule off.  I think this is how it should work for everyone; battleshock would actually matter!  We also have to buy officers (at like 50 points/order) to give out our army rule one unit at a time. 

Edited by Sergeant Bastone