Sabbat Worlds

Gnasher

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Haven't had much chance to do much lately .. RL & all that ... but, I did manage to test convert some BSF Traitor Guard into Sons of Sek. I used head swaps from Anvil & Mad Robot along with various hand swaps. plastic bits came from Catachans, Kreig & Blooded kits.

Here's a comparison

IMG_1141.thumb.jpg.309f471f67a77ba6b6dc4336fae208d3.jpg

& action shot

IMG_1144.thumb.jpg.623658eec65dc7631909892ecb245e86.jpg

I also managed to get some primer on a bunch of blood pact I built a few months ago

IMG_1145.thumb.jpg.aae1dbfa6e884ae2b17d6c444554ad11.jpg

IMG_1146.thumb.jpg.7c71ec6c4894cd009732af94239004d0.jpg

Thanks for looking

Edited by Gnasher
wrong pic format 1st upload

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

They are looking great!  In particular, I like the decal you used for the flag, and the peaked "commissar" style hat on the enforcer.

Are you thinking of doing any armour for these guys?  The vehicles for your red force look so nice, I was wondering how you were thinking of doing some for this force, when/if you do.

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Well these are from a previous project that I haven't shown before & were the thing that got me into Traitor Guard in the first place, the Forgeworld Vraks Renegades.

Basilisk with home made decals.

Traitorbasilisk2.thumb.jpg.ddc074c2c7dbcf574ee10f54b8a6f8e7.jpg

Traitorbasilisk1.thumb.jpg.2afda65b0bcc0ddab5693f9cc928276e.jpg

& a pair of Leeman Russ with Blood & Skulls replacement front plates & chaos shields from I cant remember where

TraitorRuss2.thumb.jpg.52549a4d6225c190581bc4484e324965.jpg

TraitorRuss1.thumb.jpg.c4ee53cb62eeb5921e1b4916e31fe292.jpg

TraitorRuss3.thumb.jpg.76387aff75eeacc7cbf8523a4a31f04f.jpg

TraitorRuss4.thumb.jpg.35147a68cdf822c13292355fe9c051ef.jpg

Both have magnetised sponsonsTraitorRuss5.thumb.jpg.45a441f09b5d95f08a157896997f2263.jpg

Thanks for looking :o)

Posted (edited)

These were done using tamiya rattle cans, first Chaos Black, then with Tamiya Red Brown. After that they were masked with Tamiya Tape & sprayed with Tamiya Desert Yellow. Tracks & metallics are leadbelcher, tracks weathered with Tamiya weatering sticks. All washed with Agrax Earthshade. Sponsons are Khorne Read with GW & Mighty Brush decals. Spikes on #4 are Kromlech with stock Cadian Heads.

Crew are all Forgeworld Vraks models.

Edited by Gnasher
spelling

Posted (edited)

Those are super nice!  You've made really good use of the Tamiya paints - I wouldn't have guessed they were based in Desert Yellow (I use that paint for my bases) - you've done a really good job at cutting the brightness of that colour with your streeky grime colour.  My own IG are done with Tamiya rattlecans - dark yellow is their main colour, and I use Red Brown as part of the vehicle camo patterns.

I also really like the use of khorne red as a counter point - it really works with the greens, browns and yellows of the tank and really adds visual interest.  The decals are also really nice, but you might want to paint the clear edges on any you do in the future in the tank colours to hide them a bit, as in the light in the photo the chaos star on the basilisk does kind of stick out as a decal.

The different front weapon mounts also really give the tanks a unique look - did you like that look specifically, or did you just not like the GW front gun mounts?

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Thanks for the kind words Dr R.

WRT the front plates, all I really wanted to do was make them look slightly different as if they were from A.N.other forge world than the other tanks. A bit like the Sygies VII & Gryphonne FW tanks I've used on loyalist forces for this project. I almost never make a "stock" model, they all must have some form of customisation....

I still have at least 1 major faction ready to build, Urdeshi Cinder Storm infantry based on the metal & plastic Kasrkin kits. As per the title everything is around Dan Abnett's (& others) Sabbat Worlds books / stories which I have found to be a true modelling inspriation.

I've yet to find models that will proxy for SteG armoured cars or AT70 tanks, still looking for something that could proxy for them. Although I am thinking that the Solar Auxilla Basilisk might be a good proxy for the chaos Usurper Artillery tank.

What do you think?

Yeah, I'm no help there, sorry - its been a decade since I've read any of the books so I don't really have any idea what the vehicles you are referring to are supposed to look like.

Still, I love how you are bringing to life the units from the books - there is a lot of cool stuff in them, especially on the chaos side.

Great work Gnasher! Those tanks look amazing.

Really not sure what model could be used to make the armoured cars- unless you got a tauros to use as a chassis and built something on top, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...