Tyranid Tactica 10th edition - Detachment- Invasion fleet

Brother Nathan

tyranids-clip-art-10th-desktop-10th-warhammer-40k.png

i know we will be getting our codex in a few weeks but i thought this may be a good time to start this one as we should be getting more options (assuming this one stays)

so similar to the unit of the week,

• how have you found the detachment and its bonuses.
  • strengths and weaknesses.
  • has there been much differances as a result of it or was it negotiable
  • thoughts on the enhancements
  • breakdown the stratagems.
  • how strong is our hyper adaptions

Edited by Brother nathan

still havent played a game but i love our fleet rules/ the hyper adaption give s a nice level of flexability to face skew lists relatively decently. being able to choose one base on opponent and even use part of it with a strat gives great versitility.  without being op or wasted as some are.  (A+)

our enhancements are all worthwhile and serve well for the points. some are auto picks with certain units, others are good end fill points. synaptic lynchpin giving a broodlord its synapse back.. .yes please (B+).  adaptive biology on anything with a bunch of wounds is beautiful (so tyrant terviagon etc A+) perfectly adapted would easily be worth its points if you can squeeze it in(B+) where as alien cunning repositioning can throw a opponent off from the start. (A)

strats are all pretty useful (makes up for there being core strats we cant use like tankshock) that synapse boosts many of these that we are including anyway is even better

rapid regen- fnp- boosted by synapse- great A

death frenzy- oh so i can make my glass canons have a chance to still do damage against fights first units.. good option for many to have. B+

adrenal surge-2cp but 2 units doubling crit chances for a phase. speciallly on something like hiveguard or even zoans... B+

overrun-6 inch consolidation- specific if useful but good to have. B-

synaptic insight- up to 2 units gaining a second hyper adaption... potential for character addination or to get more damage on a key tank for eg... win A

endless swarm- revive gaunts... and on up to 2 units... A+

• 6 months later...

Thank you for this.

‘All-rounders’ rules are sometimes a bit anemic but I feel this detachment gives solid and widely applicable buffs and tools.

There’s a useful option for redeployment, making your beasties tougher in enhancements.

Strats are solid, too. Nothing game breaking but being able to partially fight on death or move freely after a combat can be useful tools .