Two Thin Coats Wave 2 - testing the new Glazes and Metallics

Cyrox

Short version - the Wave 2 metallics, particularly the Platinum Crown one, are very very good.

Hands down better than GW metallics for me, they just seem to be far more consistent, mix better and don't dry as fast.

The Glazes are also superb - Video for those interested in seeing them on screen:

• 3 weeks later...

I finally took the chance on wave 1, and with how much I like them I bought wave 2 (managed to sneak onto the pledge)...

I am now at the point I genuinely only need 2 paints from GW (Ulthuan Grey and Celestra Grey).

Are they the best? For me and I have tried I think 5 brands now... Yeah for me they are. I am all in.

If they do a wave 3 I will pledge just to support.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a little update on this -  I really like these paints and TTC are now my main go to for most colours, especially layering, as they are such good quality. The Metallics are superb.

I do still use some GW paints, and Contrasts are still excellent and of regular use on the desk.

I haven't done much experimenting with the glazes yet, but tempted to try the green on the new Striking Scorpions when they land.