Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

15 hours ago, appiah4 said:

dropping somewhat redundant (and in some cases ugly and silly) things like Intercessors, Inceptors, Suppressors, Nerfshooters to unify the line further?  This is my prediction for 11th Edition..

Isn't this just a really flowery way of saying "ditch Primaris Marines" again?
'cause this really does read as anti-primaris wishlisting once more

Regarding NOVA stuff, having had a little think about it, I'm surprised we didn't see more new Space Marines honestly.
It feels like we usually see more for Marines, but that might just be me.

Edited by Indy Techwisp
Adding on-topic bit

10 hours ago, Azaiel said:

Im not a fan of the heel-jets on the jumpack marines (Now with wings! Get yours now!), what is it with GW and sticking stuff to Primaris feet, sandwich irons on Inceptors, Gene Simmons KISS boots on Gravis etc 

Yeah agreed. Shin/boot area tends to be large enough already, especially when compared to skinny thighs. Adding more to the feet makes them comically bigfooted 

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Regarding NOVA stuff, having had a little think about it, I'm surprised we didn't see more new Space Marines honestly.
It feels like we usually see more for Marines, but that might just be me.

Not much more actually, beyond the startersets and seperate releases from the startersets (bikes in 9th, termie librarian etc.)

8th had 5 mpk units, 5 solo models and 2 "support"

9th had 4 mpk units, 3 solo models and 4 "support"

10th has 5 mpk units, 3 solo models and no "support" so it is less, however, this doesnt count the desolators, brutalis dread and mpk lieutenant also coming seperately nor captain titus, at wich point its comparable to the other 2.

previous editions also didnt compete with horus heresy for spacemarine players cash ;)  But the lack of a tank or something similair is undeniable. However I do think this is it for the time being.

rough comparison image behind spoiler ( I always visualise )

Spoiler

spacemarineeditionwaves.thumb.jpg.4cd8cbf72824963e28b107bc1cb40c21.jpg

Edited by TheMawr

9 minutes ago, Blindhamster said:

Those came during 9th.

But not seperately yet. To clarify that remark... there sometimes seems to be an arbitrary max amount of boxsets releases GW pushes out for one faction in one go, and especially with spacemarines they often spread it out more, and it would suprise me if those 3 kits that where only available in a boxset shortly a couple of months ago are not going to get released with the codex release wave, if those and the previewed stuff is also released at codex release (wich I think is heavily implied to be the case.) then that actually is a bigger release than the previous editions, especially 9th where it took forever for those kits to come, but probably covid played its part.

There has been a theme of easy to build starter sets with some models getting full Kits shortly after when the codex comes out. Later on in each edition there was an expansion set of units like the Phobos  in 3ach edition. I fully expect that. For example each edition has has 3 starter sets, a magazine and paint sets with both factions.

In a year or maybe with the  non-codex chapters we could pick up a universal unit here and there. 

8 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Those came during 9th.

But the marine release will be:

Desolation squads

Brutalis

Lieutenant

Command squad

Sternguard

Scouts

Terminators

Terminator captain

Terminator chaplain

Jump intercessors 

Jump captain

That's a hefty release wave, it's just weird they bundled some near Christmas.

11 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Allegedly there is big stuff coming for Dark and Blood Angels, so a slightly smaller than usual influx of standard marine kits makes sense to not completely drown the year in marine releases.

Would make sense to release the assault terminators with the DA codex/Deathwing, and Vanguard Vets with BA/Death Company - but may just be they save them. Working out how to fill up the future SM waves without an ever expanding number of units must be causing some headaches. 

9 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

Those came during 9th.

By the same logic, Illuminor Szeras wasn't part of the 9th Edition Necrons revamp because they released him during Psychic Awakening, even though he was in the new Szarekhan Dynasty colour scheme and everything?

A lot of people didn't get Agastus because they weren't prepared to pay the Heavy Intercessor tax and you still can't actually buy them as standalone products, so when they release it will be part of this edition's Astartes product wave.

54 minutes ago, Frogian said:

Would make sense to release the assault terminators with the DA codex/Deathwing, and Vanguard Vets with BA/Death Company - but may just be they save them. Working out how to fill up the future SM waves without an ever expanding number of units must be causing some headaches. 

Anything generic would be shown in photos in the Codex though, so they'd want to reveal them ahead of that even if they weren't going to release them until later Codexes.

There was a bit of this in 9th where some of the kits (I think the Gladiator was one of them) released alongside the Chapter Supplements, but we had already seen it ahead of the SM Codex release.

6 hours ago, jaxom said:

A bunch of the comments got me curious, so I went back to (what I think is) the first Space Marine 2 trailer, then a more recent one.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.0b5f3d0aaf1f21c836fcb2b364abe5b2.png

image.thumb.png.75166fd7443d86161cf501e59e473258.png

Titus has the lower thrusters, just like the models.

Yup, at the time i think most people saw that and said thats how the new jet packs and jump assaults would look like

12 hours ago, Halandaar said:

Anything generic would be shown in photos in the Codex though, so they'd want to reveal them ahead of that even if they weren't going to release them until later Codexes.

Honestly, I've seen them put new pics of fully painted metal Cadians in an army book (Battle for Armageddon)a month before the plastics came out with the IG codex.

I really like the miniatures showed. Specially, Horus Heresy part. My only "but" and is a very small one, is about the poses of the new mk III and some options like power fists. Same as mk VI.

But in general, nice stuff, very nice. The bretonian Sorceress in unicorn for example is fantastic. 

1 hour ago, JeffJedi said:

Honestly, I've seen them put new pics of fully painted metal Cadians in an army book (Battle for Armageddon)a month before the plastics came out with the IG codex.

Don't you mean Eye of Terror? That had no plastic Cadians but that was the period the plastic redesign happened.

Terminators in 4th edition seemed like they were released pretty soon after the codex too.

20 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

I really like the miniatures showed. Specially, Horus Heresy part. My only "but" and is a very small one, is about the poses of the new mk III and some options like power fists. Same as mk VI.

But in general, nice stuff, very nice. The bretonian Sorceress in unicorn for example is fantastic. 

I saw that one coming. Seems they intend for parts to be universal the power fist the despoiler arms the heavy weapons arms are all of a unique interchangable design so keeping the poses the same eliminates any fitting issues between the kits. Boring but practical.

On 9/2/2023 at 10:18 AM, Halandaar said:

Revealed ahead of the BA and DA ones, yes, but they don't need to have photos of them in the SM codex.