Warhammer Preview - NOVA Open 2023

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

mAT2aPi5zi6a2LBj.jpg

WarCom Article.

Better late than never.

Isn't this about normal for when they say a preview show is coming, about a week in advance? 

Also... Kill Team is conspicuous by its absence, as is Legions Imperialis (unless that's coming under the HH banner?)

8 minutes ago, Vassakov said:

Also... Kill Team is conspicuous by its absence, as is Legions Imperialis (unless that's coming under the HH banner?)

Legions Imperialis was under the HH banner instead of a mystery "?" banner when it was revealed so could be the case but since Titanicus was on its own in the past I would expect LI to also get its own banner

Edited by Matrindur

3 minutes ago, Astartes Consul said:

Completely baseless hype for a tease of the next Heresy campaign book starts now! Woooooooo! 

There's plenty on the roadmap for them to choose from including a Primarch and the "mystery army release." I'd prefer that to another book release quite so soon.

Anything is better than nothing though.

Just now, Corswain said:

There's plenty on the roadmap for them to choose from including a Primarch and the "mystery army release." I'd prefer that to another book release quite so soon.

Anything is better than nothing though.

Oh no I completely agree, and besides, I’m guessing they’ll stick to previewing the next book in January, releasing in Spring like they did this year.

Would expect to see the new Primarch, Dreadnought and maybe upgrades MK III this time. 

Most interested in what's coming for Warcry to be honest, it's my favourite GW system right now.

Presumably the 40K offering will be the Space Marines coming alongside their Codex. Surprised there's nothing on offer for Kill Team seeing as all the actual products on the WarhammerFest roadmap are now out. And when was the last time Blood Bowl was separately called out? Been 3 years since Second Season Edition, are they going to turn that into another regular release too?

I'm guessing the 40k reveal will be mostly if not wholly the upcoming Marine release, something else in addition would be nice but I'm not holding my breath. For the Marines I'd love to see something that hasn't been rumoured or isn't obviously coming up, not that Marines need more units but I'd like to be surprised. 

Weren't there rumours of primaris assault marines? Seems like a gap in the range. Another thing that the the primaris range seems to lack is a way to get the space marines to and from space. The thunderhawk has had a weird status for decades because its meant to be a marine mainstay but it's too big to be part of the range. Primaris need a proper space-capable transport vehicle as a centrepiece, ideally something that doesn't look stupid.

horus-heresy-roadmap-v0-0vy3ohekw0xa1.pn

"More Lords of War" is probably referring to the Cerastus variants.

The new Primarch model seems like a good shout, considering they showed Horus Ascended off there last year - but I'm not sure GW really care about that kind of consistency beyond coincidences being amusing.

We've already had MKIII and Deredeo teased, so now the wildest idea they get shown off properly at NOVA (although I said that at the last preview so I'm probably wrong). 

I guess it'll depend on how long the segments are, since it's looking like a very packed show for their usual "ten minutes a system/item" routine.

Edited by Lord Marshal

19 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

We hit the release of the Knight Lancer just now, so it'd have to be Summer, which should answer that question pretty handily.

But yes, GW is in the UK, so that will be their reference point.

To be fair the WHU Skaven warband was an autumn release in the roadmap, and all summer releases are at the least in preorderupdatedroadmap.thumb.jpg.56c8e07e2a7ac219d8fc0e097d8cc8d5.jpg;

From the Autumn releases things we havent seen yet is the new kill team season, the second autumn warcry box ( I think the warcry preview will just be the first autumn box of wich we have seen both teams already.. just not the box.) and spacemarine release wave as well as a whole bunch of AoS stuff ( of wich the rumors now seem to be definitely true.) But I do think as far as the roadmap goes, we "are" in autumn (ofcourse its preorders.. I think 1 september is autumn )

I think full spacemarine wave and Ironjawz (aos) pretty much fills up the truelly new/big wave slots as far as preview shows go... I think the rest are just single stuff here and there... I dont even think WHU core box will be fully unveiled yet, just teased.

I could see an extra teaser for one of the following to start up the hype ;

-- Mystery army release for Horus heresy

-- Teaser shots/silhouettes for 40k beyond nids and spacemarines

-- Teaser for "scorpions"/Eldar side of the killteam box combined with showing off a spacemarine scout (naturally, assuming the rumor is true)

Looking at earlier spacemarine releases I realised while spacemarine releases are more frequent, they often are not as big as other army release waves, and their codex release wave already includes a couple of first time seperate releases.

In terms of units (squads) I think its safer to assume there will be nothing "new" yet. Just the MPK of the leviathan releases. a couple of Suprise characters (like last editions chaplain on bike) I could see, and I think a single bigger thing (tank or dreadnought) is standard.

The image of the orruk ard boy boss confirms the rumours elsewhere. As such there could be some lootin' on the menu. 5 kits to be seen here iirc.

HH should be deredeo, mk III and shooty lancers as already said.

Marine wave - presumably multi part primarisised sternguard/ vanguard, multi part terms, multi part infernus? Some characters of sorts? Question is will the jump pack primaris be vets or regulars?

1 hour ago, JayJapanB said:

Because half the planet is down here, and don't get me started on the tropics.

That may be, but probably more than 95% of GWs market is in the north.

1 hour ago, JayJapanB said:

I'll stop asking when they realise quarters are universal everywhere.

Are they? GWs financial year runs alongside the UK tax year, so their Q1 is April-June. I work in higher education, my Q1 is August-October. So the month of July is Q2 for GW, Q4 for me and presumably Q3 for you. Not sure that's a massive amount clearer.