SM range update - and how will it effect our BTs?

Medjugorje

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/07/24/space-marine-range-update-bikes-land-speeders-and-more-are-soon-zooming-off-into-the-sunset/

What do you think about that? After we already have our Primaris Crusadersquad - could it be that the Firstborn Crusader squad will be deleated too?

They're not gonna make new classic marine crusader kit. Eventually the old one will go to legends.

Superior option would be just to have it old = new, but so far the only unit they've done this with is Sternguard, and not entirely satisfactorily either, so should perhaps be careful what I wish for.,

Crusader Squad is definitely going the way of the dodo.  I'll be shocked if it's in the BT codex whenever the supplements drop. 

Everyone knew this moment was coming when the Primaris line dropped in 8th edition; GW has made no bones about the fact they're refreshing the entire SM line.  Everything first born is going to legends eventually, the last released first born kits will probably be the last to go, I.E. Centurions.  GW would love to be able to rotate models out like card games rotate sets out of standard play to increase sales.

As for the new models, meh.  Assault Marines were never good and I don't think the new ones will be either.  Terminators maybe. 

On 8/31/2023 at 6:49 PM, Marshal Reinhard said:

Having reviewed the pictures a bit now i would say absolutely, yes. Theyll lack the flappy bit but that just adds to model differentiation. Also getting spare neophyte arms with chainswords is cinch if you dont already even have them.

Maybe we could head canon that a tabard is something you have to earn?

2 hours ago, templargdt said:

Crusader Squad is definitely going the way of the dodo.  I'll be shocked if it's in the BT codex whenever the supplements drop. 

Everyone knew this moment was coming when the Primaris line dropped in 8th edition; GW has made no bones about the fact they're refreshing the entire SM line.  Everything first born is going to legends eventually, the last released first born kits will probably be the last to go, I.E. Centurions.  GW would love to be able to rotate models out like card games rotate sets out of standard play to increase sales.

As for the new models, meh.  Assault Marines were never good and I don't think the new ones will be either.  Terminators maybe. 

you mean Codex^^