Solar Auxilia Basilisks & Medusas

At first I was just going to sell off the SA in the launch box (if I'm ever able to buy the box...) but the reveals of the Baneblade and now these combined with my love of tiny tanks has made me change my mind. Sadly I know nothing of Solar Aux regiments or their colour schemes, so will need to look into that now...

14 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Notably these were not in the leaks.

Makes me wonder if there's anything else left to see. I think this brings us up to an even number of boxes for each faction, and this seems like a reasonable variety for a first wave of releases. 

3 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Showing models that weren't in the leaks brings me great joy. I thought the leaks were rather limited, especially in the artillery department. So these are a welcome sight!

Very likely the leaks are from the core book which would only include models from the launch but since that was delayed we are getting stuff from later waves now. What will be interesting is if they will combine those waves into a single launch wave now or if we will have to wait even longer for this stuff

Edited by Matrindur

1 minute ago, Xanthous said:

Makes me wonder if there's anything else left to see. I think this brings us up to an even number of boxes for each faction, and this seems like a reasonable variety for a first wave of releases. 

They've talked about scimitars and the likes before, so we might get those yet.

1 minute ago, matcap86 said:

They've talked about scimitars and the likes before, so we might get those yet.

It also seems very odd not to include land raiders, if not now then I'd at least expect those to be at the very forefront of a second wave. On the other hand, if this was everything, I would not be particularly surprised.

Shame that if we get a full scale release they’re likely to be this pattern Basilisk rather than the Armageddon pattern one. I really like the Solar Auxilia aesthetic, and think full scale tanks would look amazing alongside Vostroyans, but the decades old basilisk is in dire need of an update and an Armageddon pattern was what I was hoping for. If we get full scale Solar auxilia (with their pattern basilisk) I doubt we’ll see the Armageddon bas get a release. 

39 minutes ago, Xanthous said:

Land Raiders and Spartans are a noticeably glaring omission thus far given how iconic they are. Now we know the leaks aren't the extent of the early releases, seems likely they'd show up at some point.

38 minutes ago, Subtleknife said:

Looks nice. I wish they would fix the suspension on that chassis, always looks a tad odd

I don't mind it, although adding suspension could be an improvement if done right. Maybe with some cover plates like the Dorn.

The Mars Alpha is already a huge improvement on the vanilla russ imo. Current one just looks so toy like. Even the previous one was better in aspects.

21 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

Land Raiders and Spartans are a noticeably glaring omission thus far given how iconic they are. Now we know the leaks aren't the extent of the early releases, seems likely they'd show up at some point.

Also plastic transports for SA

There is the Arvus but as it is resin its expensive so basically non-existent for most players in the quantity you would need them 

So a Spartan/Land Raider box for SM and a Dracosan/Aurox box for SA would be quite nice 

1 hour ago, Cyrox said:

Nice models again, but I feel the paint scheme for all the SA vehicles is just a bit boring

I know what you mean. The SA are (one of) the defenders of the homeworld, they should be a bit more blinged than plain IG units. I would go for a scheme that adds some red and gold like the livery for Battlefleet Solar.

20180408-162038_orig.jpg

13 hours ago, Urauloth said:

They're magnificent. Hope we see them in 28mm scale as well eventually. If I was on the fence about Solar Auxilia for LI, I'm completely sold now.

They've been around for several years now...
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Solar-Auxilia-Basilisk-Medusa