Ikthelion's Glacially-Paced Guard Project

Hi all,

I wanted to set up a little project log to record the progress (or lack thereof!) I make with a small Cadian army. I've always loved the idea of an Imperial Guard army since way back when you could get 20 Cadians for the princely sum of £15. Sadly, this has never translated into an actual army as I'm a self-confessed hobby butterfly - I flit from project to project without making any real progress.

To that end, I'm hoping this little painting log will encourage me to make some actual progress toward a fieldable army!

I've sorted out my colour scheme (I've not based him yet as I'm going to gloss him, apply transfers and matte him first):

001TestFront.thumb.jpg.46c9c2c9e3058911a7b8937f86418d9b.jpg

002TestRear.thumb.jpg.41b6a8d8b17674f0423dd67f6126de6a.jpg

I also have Ursula Creed who I got around the time of release and painted up - she doesn't strictly meet the updated colour scheme, but she'll blend in for now:

003Creed.thumb.jpg.eacbee4f3c55b14b0d5d8fae6cd7ff9e.jpg

And I'm off to a meandering start with my first infantry squad. I've predominantly been a Heresy player for the last few years, so I'm just equipping units with what I think looks cool for the moment rather than trying to eke out peak effectiveness from every selection:

004ShockTroopers.thumb.jpg.3ff39c121e181b53dae9fe3738e830c0.jpg

The fact that the plasma gunner has a tacical oven glove to hold his weapon tickles me somewhat.

So... prepare to be underwhelmed at the pace of updates on this project log!

Thanks

The trooper looks great:happy:

I would paint the 'house' parts of the cadian sign white to stand out more,

The gems of the command rod, the skull on the belt, and I normally don't paint eyes, but that face looks rather odd without them I think:/

:smile:

Thanks for the kind words!

Yeah, I think I need to give Creed a second pass to finish her off - She's never sat quite right, and now you've pointed out that it's the eyes, it's all I can see! :laugh:

Primed up the first full infantry squad today, so will hopefully get some time to make a start on them properly over the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...