New units with codex

Paladin777

Honestly I’m a little bit disappointed by these assault intercessor with jump pack. I find their poses strange. They really look like the miniatures of the assault intercessor on foot but with a rock and the head and arms positions adjusted to not make them look the ground / the sky. 

i thought in the first second that GW have only made a up-grade kit with only the jump-pack. 

I was looking for a last squad of primaris for my company, it will not be this one. 

You could kitbash the old discontinued firstborn assault squad with the new mk VI bodies and they look great. Kitbash the assault intercessor bodies with the new jump pack unit bits will work with little issues.

Edit- have seen people kitbash assault intercessor bodies with intercessor bits for running units, done ages ago. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

7 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

You could kitbash the old discontinued firstborn assault squad with the new mk VI bodies and they look great. Kitbash the assault intercessor bodies with the new jump pack unit bits will work with little issues.

I think I will do that Use the new jump pack on the assault intercessor on foot. 

30 minutes ago, Paladin777 said:

The fact that the articles don't specify 'primaris' captain with jump pack also intrigues me. 

There is no current Captain with Jump Pack model, it's why there is no picture on the index card and this 'primaris' one has the same rules as the index one, +1S on the charge. 

Personally I am disappointed these Jump Intercessors have no real weapon options, no eviscerators or anything so you are stuck with chainswords.

I also hope they get the same mortal wounds on the charge rule the outgoing assault squad with jump packs. Not the re-roll wound rolls of 1s the current foot assault intercessors have.

BUT, I do think particularly for BA these Jump Intercessors with the Jump Captain and a Jump San Priest could be pretty potent for not too much cost. (325 I think if they are costed the same as Assault jump marines, hopefully they should be cheaper as they have less weapon options so maybe 105 for 5).

The Captain has the free strat ability so you can use Red Rampage on them for 0CP, even if you have used it somewhere else. 

Then he gives +1S on the charge. 

SOS gives +1S and +1A on the charge. 

SO the combo actually makes those Chainswords less weedy I think because it pushed them from wounding T9, T10 and T11 on 6s, to 5s.  If you add the +1 to wound from Lance in Red Rampage, then you are wounding a Leman Russ on 4s, Custodian Guard on 3s and Terminators on 2s. 

With the San Priest you are also making the chainswords AP-2, so you are making them more like Power Weapons. 

A squad of 5 with the Captain and San Priest, if you gave the Sgt and Captain power fists. Then on the charge you would have -

10A, S10, AP-3, D2 from the power fists.

26A, S6, AP-2, D1 from the chainswords.

Plus hopefully the 3-4 bonus mortal wounds. and any 6s to hit would automatically wound as well. 

I like them. The jump packs aren't my favorite, but I don't hate them. Wish they could take Eviscerators though. 

Might hold off on getting any for a while. I'll just be using my Assault Squad as (firstborn) Jumppack Intercessors. The Eviscerators will just be big fancy chainswords.

I really like the new jump pack design, im less keen on the thrusters on the legs.

I'm unsure about the poses honestly, they're not terrible, but some of them feel a little off and they'll get repetative without conversions.

I too am a bit sad at the lack of interesting options like an eviscerator.

9 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Assault Intercessors are boxes of 10.  Not that big of a plastic difference to warrant cutting 5 models for 5 jetpacks.

They actually do take up a fair bit of space for the packs.

but yeah I think if anything it’ll be more down to the fact assault squads have always been 5 man.

suspect the 32.50 price point for 5 tbh, which will make them quite expensive to do enmass 

@DemonGSides

tactical marines have always been in boxes of ten, and assault marines have always been in boxes of 5. 

I get what you're saying, but I think assault intercessors were the oddball. 

@Blindhamsterare you saying 32.50 USD? That seems like a realistic guess. 

Edited by Paladin777

Personally I am pretty much done with the Mk7 jump pack I've built and painted so many I'd rather move on, so my preference would be to find some third party ones that look more like the jump intercessors packs and attach them to my spare assault intercessors.

On 8/31/2023 at 6:27 AM, Paladin777 said:

The fact that the articles don't specify 'primaris' captain with jump pack also intrigues me. 

I think they're getting rid of Primaris as a label for the most part. The key thing seems to be armour type. Obviously there's "Primaris X" units for characters in the index, but they have the exact same rules as their counterparts. The versions with different rules are the "X in Y Armour." So we've gotten Captain in Gravis armour and Captain in Terminator armour, and now we'll also have Captain with Jump Pack.

They look decent, but being the cheapskate that I am, I'm probably going to look at how much assault intercessors and jump packs are on ebay before buying any boxes. 

I've also still got 5 assault intercessors on the sprue as well (I've only got a squad of 5 put together and painted out of a box of 10), so they might get some jump packs.

it's actually kinda cool that it looks like someone other than the sergeant can get the special pistol. Meaning that you don't have to risk the sergeants melee to use an overcharged plasma shot. 

Edited by Paladin777

I did some of the push fit assault intercessors with the bought jump packs the other day, but they are for my custom chapter, but might order some more seeing as I have plenty of assault intercessors I don't use. 

It saves some cash really as I want a lot of newly released kits and like others have said above a squad of 5 of these new ones is still going to be like £30.