Titan & Knight Battle Groups

Pretty nice, would have been even better for me if it where the other Cerastus variants but oh well.

Wonder if that Warlord/Reiver will include both weapon sprues or just the pictured one. The Warhounds will probably only have the old one with the new one limited to the LI starter

Edit: Those are the exact same boxes as the 2018/2019 AT Battleforces even down to the artwork on the box, will be interesting to see how much more they cost now

Edited by Matrindur

Nice to see – let's hope this presages the warehouse kicking back into proper order, and Legions coming (relatively) hot in its heels.

The discount on the Titan Maniple box used to be pretty good; hope these boxes offer a chunky discount. I was very sniffy of Knights in Titanicus (mainly because they seemed to hog the resources and releases from the big draw for me – Titans), but they seem a much better fit for Epic: Legions

Oh, and related to the rumour, the Forge World team noted that:

image.png.0ae93de57fd50197e984263226aa5496.png

Edited by apologist

I'm a bit lost on the wisdom of making a Titan box that contains more Titans than one can actually field in an "average sized game" of Legions Imperialis. If nothing else, hopefully AT players will enjoy a nice discount bundle - assuming this box does in fact have a discount attached.

what I don't understand is why they are holding these boxes back, they contain all the relevant stuff for AT and you can somewhat keep the LI hype train going with "We understand you are upset about the delays of Astartes and Auxillia, but why not take the opportunity to start your allied knight house/Titan Legion while you wait."

They confirmed on FB that they wont include AT bases (But you can buy them from us!) and are the existing Titan kits, so no new Warhound toys or anything the others might have in updated boxes. 

Good to see them back, but kinda niggly about those, id be tempted by the knight box but i have so many lancers already :D 

I'm thinking....Will I paint all of what I have for the same army and get crazy to get one of each of those new upcoming boxes (to build an entire new knights/titans army), or Will I be reasonable and just add the knights one and split what I have in 2 armies? :confused: (my actual pool: 2 warlords, 1 nemesis, 2 reivers, 2 warhounds (but 6 if you count the 2 boxes of new LI), 3 questo, 2 lancers, 2+2 acastus, 2 porphirions)

If I don't play AT (and I don't plan to), buying the 2 boxes is overkill but I love titans and I plan to make big battle with them (and tanks) with the LI rules (and I don't care about the starting rules of only 30% knights/titans and no knight/titans armies at the strat (to be honnest, it is just a matter of time that they do an army of knights and titans in LI) )).

Edited by BolterZorro

9 hours ago, Flaherty said:

The previous Titan Maniple also had the Nemesis Titan, so this may be a bit of shrinkflation, depending on the price. https://spruesandbrews.com/2021/04/06/adeptus-titanicus-precept-maniple-battleforce-value-breakdown/

The Titan Maniple yes but there was another one before in 2018 named Titan Battlegroup that was exactly this box. Same for the Knight one in 2019 named Knight Household Battleforce

5 hours ago, Matrindur said:

The Titan Maniple yes but there was another one before in 2018 named Titan Battlegroup that was exactly this box. Same for the Knight one in 2019 named Knight Household Battleforce

The Precept Maniple Battleforce basically added the Warbringer to the content of the Titan Battlegroup.

I would love to see another bundle with the other knights (not that I don't have too many of them already). Including plastic Armigers and Mechanicum ones would really be top :biggrin:

Edited by Mendi Warrior
Eliminated some redundancies with previous posts.

The nice thing about the Precept Maniple was that I think it came with (thin) command terminals and the basic weapon cards. So if this is specifically for Legions Imperialis you probably won’t get those extras - which saved me  a few quid for Titanicus. GW made the terminals  available in pdf but not the cards.

5 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

The nice thing about the Precept Maniple was that I think it came with (thin) command terminals and the basic weapon cards. So if this is specifically for Legions Imperialis you probably won’t get those extras - which saved me  a few quid for Titanicus. GW made the terminals  available in pdf but not the cards.

well it says in the article and the first post that the terminals and weapon cards are included so they should be.

1 minute ago, nilsh said:

well it says in the article and the first post that the terminals and weapon cards are included so they should be.

Well that’ll learn me to read more carefully! That definitely makes them more attractive to me - as others have said, it seems a shame they haven’t taken the chance to put the Acheron sprue in a discount box. Not sure if the questoris missile upgrade sprue is included?

19 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

Well that’ll learn me to read more carefully! That definitely makes them more attractive to me - as others have said, it seems a shame they haven’t taken the chance to put the Acheron sprue in a discount box. Not sure if the questoris missile upgrade sprue is included?

You can see a Thunderstrike Gauntlet on one of them so should be