[Poland] Price hike in October!

17 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

When GW increases the prices our numbers will look much different then, guess we wait till Oct. If the prices were not wildly different, regional pricing would not have been implemented in the first place. GW is cartel pricing at this point. 

So I guess what we've learned is that Australia needs a price hike and the US needs a break this round. :biggrin:

Also I might not have said, I live in Australia. So I have no personal interest in Australian prices being high.

I just dislike it when certain topics get told time and time again, and when you take a cursory look into it, you realise it's kinda just BS at this point.

"Yeah, if you want to know the actual price of something how about doing some math, loser" -the absolute (united) state of this place.

Yeah, I hate this so much.

I legit had a receipt from a restaurant in LA which had Price + Tip + Tax + "Not a tax or gratuity" fee all separate.

Edited by JayJapanB

13 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

So I guess what we've learned is that Australia needs a price hike and the US needs a break this round. :biggrin:

Also I might not have said, I live in Australia. So I have no personal interest in Australian prices being high.

I just dislike it when certain topics get told time and time again, and when you take a cursory look into it, you realise it's kinda just BS at this point.

Australian prices have increased on average because of regional pricing locks. My money went further pre-regional pricing, even with price increases. Lack of stock also doesn't help the situation in Australia either, because that makes discounts lower, low available stock means higher prices to command. Supply and demand. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

4 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

Australian prices have increased on average because of regional pricing locks. My money went further pre-regional pricing, even with price increases. Lack of stock also doesn't help the situation in Australia either, because that makes discounts lower, lowe available stock means higher prices to command.

That's just because the Australian dollar used to suck less, and they used to be less stringent about actually having to pay GST on ecommerce. eBay didn't, Steam didn't etc. For FW your stuff would potentially be ceased at the border and you would be forced to pay Duty and GST. Now GW do that in advance.
If you saved money by not paying tax, lucky you. Now time to pay tax.

If you're comparing price differences to the UK specifically then that's a different issue. And probably a more complicated one, as it's more apples and oranges than comparing Australia with the US, who are both export markets. 

Canada get's raked too and forgotten on stuff like the partsworks magazines and the app. I miss the old days when I could follow the british pounds value and cherry pick when I made a forgeworld order. Australia gets it worse cuase they add that shipping tax, worse companies would just decide the market isn't worth it. Kleenex just pissed off outta canada cuase scotties has more customers. Well you got customers don't ya? Not telling Aussies to eat cake but you are on the southern hemisphere and gw could do better realizing thier prices are too feckin high and 3-d printing is a threat. Just saying they are easy to learn and always on sale. 

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

22 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

That's just because the Australian dollar used to suck less, and they used to be less stringent about actually having to pay GST on ecommerce. eBay didn't, Steam didn't etc. For FW your stuff would potentially be ceased at the border and you would be forced to pay Duty and GST. Now GW do that in advance.
If you saved money by not paying tax, lucky you. Now time to pay tax.

If you're comparing price differences to the UK specifically then that's a different issue. And probably a more complicated one, as it's more apples and oranges than comparing Australia with the US, who are both export markets. 

Australian LGS discounts have erroded as a direct result of stock issues. The discounts are greater overseas because they have a better stock situation. It's a no brainer for discounts to evaporate as a result. Combined with GW's regional pricing policy, it's a perfect storm of high prices for Australian customers. 

13 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

Australian LGS discounts have erroded as a direct result of stock issues. The discounts are greater overseas because they have a better stock situation. It's a no brainer for discounts to evaporate as a result. Combined with GW's regional pricing policy, it's a perfect storm of high prices for Australian customers. 

As a further example, mk III have been basically unobtanium in OZ. The ones I did find were full RRP and those disappeared quickly anyway. I had to buy them overseas to get a discount AND actually get the product. 

8 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

I see no storm at the moment.
I don't have a brick and mortar LGS near me, but online retailers in Australia still have 21% off.
Pretty sure that's the max they can do. And as we pointed out before, when you take into account tax and currency conversion Australia is same or cheaper than overseas markets.

Horus heresy, filtered by "Best selling" so it's the stuff people actually buy the most.

Australian store, Australian prices. They include GST and ship nation wide.
Everything is in stock and at 21% off.

image.thumb.png.74b58a716c22b6b325bc389368ee4f7a.png

For me personally FW has cheaper prices and better stock levels than the US. 

4 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

SNIP

Discounts on things that have no stock issues is no suprise. The discounts are low or RRP on things that have low supply but high demand like Mk III and IV. There will be little savings if the stock situation doesn't improve, the new mk III prices will be interesting soon. 

3 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

Discounts on things that have no stock issues is no suprise. The discounts are low or RRP on things that have low supply but high demand like Mk III and IV. There will be little savings if the stock situation doesn't improve, the new mk III prices will be interesting soon. 

That's a niche issue at that point. You're lucky if you're paying RRP on an out of production kit that can retain a market. (And the stock issue isn't going to improve on a product that isn't made.) MKIII and MKIV also have less discounts for being a direct item. Does that change based off region. Does the US have 21% discounts off MKIV? Genuinely curious. Because otherwise it's unrelated to Australia or stock levels.
And the US has plenty of stock issues. People are constantly complaining about it.

Unless you have some real specific data on Australia having it worse than the rest of the world I think I'm done pushing this point.
I can't argue against vague notions.

9 minutes ago, JayJapanB said:

That's a niche issue at that point. You're lucky if you're paying RRP on an out of production kit that can retain a market. (And the stock issue isn't going to improve on a product that isn't made.) MKIII and MKIV also have less discounts for being a direct item. Does that change based off region. Does the US have 21% discounts off MKIV? Genuinely curious. Because otherwise it's unrelated to Australia or stock levels.
And the US has plenty of stock issues. People are constantly complaining about it.

Unless you have some real specific data on Australia having it worse than the rest of the world I think I'm done pushing this point.
I can't argue against vague notions.

I was finding discounts on direct items at certain LGS's, other fraters also have on this board as well. Not the full 21 percent, but it is there. If the discounts disappear in one region due to stock, it's a problem. Most other companies have managed these issues more effectively, GW is one of the ones that has not. 

23 minutes ago, MegaVolt87 said:

I was finding discounts on direct items at certain LGS's, other fraters also have on this board as well. Not the full 21 percent, but it is there. If the discounts disappear in one region due to stock, it's a problem. Most other companies have managed these issues more effectively, GW is one of the ones that has not. 

As an EU Customer I have never had any discounts on direct only stuff. So maybe that's were aussies were ahead of the pack? GW is hardly responsible for LGS discount policies imho. 

=][= Alrighty folks, this thread has served it's purpose. Poland is getting a price rise and I've edited the title to reflect that. If we get other regions that are getting a price rise we can create a new thread =][=

Edited by TrawlingCleaner