[Poland] Price hike in October!

48 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

Got word from FLGS. Make your orders this month. October is the third price hike this year.

It's so absurd.

Man...:cuss:ing no.

I get it GW, with your 'must maintain 70% profit' or whatever the arbitrary value is, but just...no. Look around. Look at the cost of gas, food. Thank Christ I own my home and car.

It was borderline impossible to justify already, this just isnt it.

YouTuber Discourse mentioned a stealth price rise on a boxed set, so this is either a continuation of that or in addition to...

...wow GW! You really don't care if you make your items unaffordable eh.

And I don't buy their "energy costs have gone up" routine as a excuse. Their profit margins are obscenely high compared to industry standards and other companies. 

Honestly starting to feel like I did the last time I stopped buying GW products back before Roundtree and we had to deal with Kirby. bleh maybe its time to shut the wallet for another several years 

1 hour ago, crimsondave said:

In a world where “enough money” doesn’t exist they’re going to keep jacking up prices until it shrinks their profit margins.

It will eventually turn into the Imperial tithe system at this rate:laugh:

A box of space marines

That will be 2 tons of precious minerals, several generations service in the guard and 100 imperial credits as a admin fee:laugh:

Yeah I can get over bad rules cuz they'll get fixed eventually.  But no company is ever going to make things cheaper once they start charging a certain amount.

Price is the easiest way to kill the hobby. If they make these things too much more expensive I'll be priced out of the hobby. 

14 minutes ago, Plaguecaster said:

Welp, being a wargamer in NZ is going to suck even more if things get even more expensive. It's bad enough as it here with the insane price difference 

Yeah you guys seem particularly screwed.

I know Australia's pricing often gets overblown by people not realising the AUD is not worth much (And tax is included, unlike US prices).

You get cheap Baneblades though. That's something.

1 minute ago, Wormwoods said:

Oh, we still get the Colony Tax on top of the exchange rate stuff, it's just even worse over in NZ. 

We'll see how Combat Company keeps up with their own discounting.

They still pay extra tax in the US. It's just not listed like Australia.
Like for example a Valkyrie is
$90USD = $140AUD + tax ($150AUD in California for example.)
or
$128AUD from Australia including GST

The price localisation varies dramatically on a kit by kit basis. UK are the only ones who get consistently cheap prices, unsurprisingly.

So I know the departments responsible for things like this are their own thing and have no relation to the design studio and rules writers and all that, but...

Yeah, bold of them to do this on the heels of one of the most hilariously broken edition launches.

Way to rub some salt into that one, guys.