Exemplary Battles of the Age of Darkness - Volume I

Alrighty then.

99KEeRzVIsJwZzi8.jpg

TLDRFour existing Exemplary Battles, one new Exemplary Battle (with Salamanders Sanctifers), corrupted Emperor's Children and Fulgrim Transfigured rules in print. 

uL9bat7wOC2pUFpN.jpg

Edited by Lord Marshal

Its alright, reprinting/updating free content is the epitome of filler though, this had better be in addition to the campaign books rather than instead of, especially as at this rate theres more than a handful of these before we hit clear water. 

really doubling down on Fulgrim though eh? Though i guess that was decided before they knew the reactions? 

Un...unexpected...!

More things in print is good! And I guess it moves these rules from 'Expanded' to 'Core' if that is relevant. Who knows, maybe brand new Salamanders rules will mean Praetors soon?

11 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Ah. Another riveting Heresy Thursday

I mean, when they announced new plastic tanks every other week, we all said it was too much...:biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Could they not have put in 1-2 missions to give mech, militia, auxilia and talons a unit too? Was there truly no other room past the re prints? How hard could it be to make up a slightly different version of castellax? Or introduced a arvus lander thats has been packed with explosives? Anything! 

They said future WarCom Exemplary Battles would focus on non-Marine units, so presumably they'll be in their own Volume (3?) down the line.

Personally I'd rather have a book which is just non-Marine stuff by itself, than have them shared across a bunch of Marine-focused books.

Edited by Lord Marshal

1 minute ago, Nagashsnee said:

Could they not have put in 1-2 missions to give mech, militia, auxilia and talons a unit too? Was there truly no other room past the re prints? How hard could it be to make up a slightly different version of castellax? Or introduced a arvus lander thats has been packed with explosives? Anything! 

That would involve writing new content though, rather than some reprints and probably something from the cutting room floor. Id cut some slack for a rush product to fill in the gap intended for an Epic book but the timelines dont match up and they are planning a whole series of these...

I read the thing a bit quickly. Will this have all the exemplary of battle that came out ? 

I'm kinda mixed about it really, I'm a lore guy and I think the new books are really is poor in term of art and cool lore like the old black books were. This release scream low effort to get the rules for fulgrim in something that can be monetized...

anyway can't wait to see what's inside