Has calgar just got more value?

blacksnapt

The problem with calgar for me is he has no way to deepstrike. 

I wish there was an option that allowed him to deepstrike (yes you could take uriel but it isnt the same).

I think it would be fair for an option on his data sheet allowing you lose the 2 victrix, he would stay the same points, gain deepstrike and be allowed to join terminators. Just say he has special relic gravis armour that allows him to deepstrike for the lore.

It is ridiculous that the chapter master can't join first company veterans.

Edited by Subtleknife

On 9/8/2023 at 8:01 AM, Subtleknife said:

The problem with calgar for me is he has no way to deepstrike. 

I wish there was an option that allowed him to deepstrike (yes you could take uriel but it isnt the same).

I think it would be fair for an option on his data sheet allowing you lose the 2 victrix, he would stay the same points, gain deepstrike and be allowed to join terminators. Just say he has special relic gravis armour that allows him to deepstrike for the lore.

It is ridiculous that the chapter master can't join first company veterans.

The limitations on which character can join which squad is always ridiculous.  The Chief Librarian in Tacticus Armor walks up and says come with me.  Are they going to say no?

Its the same stupidity that had some poor 8th Company newbie telling Azrael he can't ride in the Impulsor because he's not part of the cool kid's club. 

Likewise the Lieutenant/Chapter Command characters don't get to join a unit with a Libby or a Chaplain?  Equally dumb.   If you don't want to use Uriel, than you can go with a Repulsor, or even a Stormraven. 

Edit to Add:  I also wouldn't overlook the Captain - Infiltrator Freebie Strat + chance to get a CP gimmick but that just took a double hit which also improves Calgar. 

Edited by Tacitus