Tyranids dataslate/points changes. Updating for January

Brother Nathan
Go to solution Solved by Brother Nathan,

Imho on those despite the nerfs and such theres not been much of a resell on them nor drop in price/enter the resell market much. The sales on them must be enough or they sold enough in the flyers phases to have paid the investments and they are focusing on the profitable sales now... but it seems like currentky all flyers are meh... will gw at some point through  a accross the board points reduction or a rule change/introduction of some new thing expansion(think skys of blood and more jink saves sort of thing)

Sad it is for now but it does feel like that sort of thing.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:28 AM, Hoffa said:

What confuses me is: No points drop on Harpy and Hive crone. I have never seen them played due to them being massivly overpointed. (Aircraft seem just bad in 10:th)

I think the initial meta of 10th was full of harpies and biovores due to the additional units they could produce, and being able to swarm the field with them. They largely seem to have been point-increased to oblivion though, with a single biovore being present in most lists. Sad that a spore mine activating teleport homers is the way nids win games these days, but that's what GW seems to want...

Personally I'd make spores unable to perform actions, and not count as units for VP purposes, and drop the points on all of them. 

That and people using what they had at start of 10th. Always changes to streamline list building to efficiency as advice narrows down over time. We all ultimately want everything balanced to a point where there are no bad choices and its as much a rock paper scissors game more than something being worth its points. 

I do suspect in the new rules pack (whatever replaces leviathan) just before summer(?)that will be when we loose the sporemine thing