WG Dan's Take on a 2k list

Wolf Guard Dan

After absorbing the new balance data slate & points it motivated me to start making lists again. The game still needs work. Space Wolves aren't top tier but I think there's enough to work with to be fun. I reviewed Matthew McCurdy's list he won 3rd place at the Golden Ticket Event. Some of the tech pieces there are a style I like to play. So I started there and rebuilt the list to something I like and models I own.

Gladius

Characters

Bjorn

Ragnar

Bladeguard Ancient

Rune Priest in Phobos Armor Enhancement: Artificer Armor

Lord on Thunderwolf Hammer, Shield Enhancement: Honour Vehement

Battle Leader on Thunderwolf Hammer, Shield

Other Datasheets

Ballistus Dread

Ballistus Dread

6 Bladeguard Veterans

5 Desolation marines

Inceptor Squad

Eliminator Squad las fusil

5 infiltrator

3 Thunderwolf Cavalry

Land raider

Allied Units

Callidus Assassin

Ragnar, Bladeguard Ancient, 6 Bladeguard in the Land Raider. Bladeguard Ancient's abilities are good (especially if you had 50 points leftover like I did). +1OC makes that units 16 OC. And once a battle giving the unit +1 attack is decent on a unit like this. I thought about a lieutenant instead but I don't know if fall back and charge is needed since I can pop tactical doctrine.

Lord, battle leader, and TWC. A larger unit than this probably has too big of a footprint.

Rune Priest can either go with the Eliminators or the infiltrators, depending on what I need.

Bjorn and Callidus do their thing. Even though their Vect abilities took a nerf I think their point decrease helps and callidus has a lot of jank.

This is a shooting edition so the Ballistus dreads, desolation marines, inceptors, and eliminators are the backbone of the force. Desolation marines keep taking nerfs but I think one units is still useful. Thought about 2 units of them.

I'm open to critiques.