Elon Musk calls child "Techno Mechanicus"

grailkeeper

https://www.indy100.com/celebrities/elon-musk-techno-mechanicus-grimes

Elon Musk has called his latest Kid Techno Mechanicus. People on this website talked me out of having 40k themed table names at my wedding, and even I think that's a bit much. Anyone here ever feel tempted to call their kid Sanguinius?

When I first heard the name, I immediately thought of a Tech Priest  standing behind a pair of dj decks, his cyborg arms in the air, about to drop an epic techno breakdown, in a grim dark future nightclub (with strobing neon lasers behind him) :whistling::laugh:

I asked an AI art generator to visualise this for me - here are the results:

wonder_1694368899634.thumb.jpg.301d50209b6d309ce88fbfb91c42bf31.jpgwonder_1694368787392.thumb.jpg.77e60e4baf4dd1302cac4e1b34230991.jpgwonder_1694368739825.thumb.jpg.9620d26deebbd7255147d5303388f2a9.jpgwonder_1694368688524.thumb.jpg.43e0f9bb47628b72d142fc665881f085.jpg

More apt is this piece by Vertibirdo on Deviant Artd9fokd5-8bdb9f92-df03-409e-95ec-fb77c20fbf6a.gif.5708244a475be3d01a9edacb839b2858.gif

:laugh:

Edited by Brother Tyler
Images reduced in size for easier browsing (you can still click on them to see the full size versions)

On 9/10/2023 at 1:12 PM, firestorm40k said:

When I first heard the name, I immediately thought of a Tech Priest  standing behind a pair of dj decks, his cyborg arms in the air, about to drop an epic techno breakdown, in a grim dark future nightclub (with strobing neon lasers behind him) :whistling::laugh:

I asked an AI art generator to visualise this for me - here are the results:

wonder_1694368899634.thumb.jpg.301d50209b6d309ce88fbfb91c42bf31.jpg

:laugh:

Has to be playing 

Edited by Brother Tyler
Image in quote reduced in size to match

=][= This is topic related to 40k, but make sure it stays that way (i.e.- continuing talk about possible naming of children, items, etc... with 40k-related names). Mr. Musk happens to be a very controversial figure in the real world and the mod team will be monitoring this thread to ensure that RL politics and such remain out of our little hobby area. =][=

Edited by Lord_Ikka

3 hours ago, Wormwoods said:

The Tyranids can't come fast enough. I got nothing nice to say about that cuss, so I'm going to leave it at that.

Pretty much the same, I deleted 3 replies before settling on this one.

Can’t knock a guy for naming his kid after something he likes but surely he could have saddled him with a better choice. Why not Bellisarius or Kastellan? It’s like naming your kid Blue Astartes  instead of Marneus or Sicarius.

To be fair Tau is an astronomical term.  Not sure if the same applies for Mechanicus though :whistling:

Reminds me of a ex-colleague who named his son Elric and the schoolyard grief that ensued for him.  If I was going down that path I’d have named my kid :zeal:

No cuase politics aside Elon Musk is an idiot he called his last kid a bunch of nonsense and anyone who would name a child after anything in 40k that isn't an actual name is also an idiot. Go ahead name your kid Andronicus everyone at least will call him Andy for short. Call him Techno Mechanicus maybe they call him Tek but he ain't gonna like it, no bouncer or cop will ever think his ID is real. Please don't do this to your future children. I like cheeseburgers but I ain't naming a kid Whopper. Also Elon didn't name his kid that cuase he's a 40k fan it's just some edgelord crap he thought of on a whim cuase he has 10 kids and doesn't really give a crap about any of them. Ciaphas, Remus, Vulkan, Euphrati... But Techno Mechanicus hell no. It's sounds like the name of a 90's synthwave band.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

Almost like he saw how much positive press Henry Cavill got when he came out as a 40k fan, and tried to ride the same wave. This is still a bit of an odd one. I mean, the kid will possibly want for nothing so never need a real job, however that name will be tough to live down...Tech Mech...

Christ. I don't hate Mr. Musk (and I find the seething from certain corners of the internet over his decisions regarding X/Twitter hilarious) but that's...youch. Not a good look. I don't think it'll be on the list of names me and my GF would be choosing for a child.

Now Skarsnik, however...

On 9/11/2023 at 7:48 AM, Felix Antipodes said:

To be fair Tau is an astronomical term.  Not sure if the same applies for Mechanicus though :whistling:

Reminds me of a ex-colleague who named his son Elric and the schoolyard grief that ensued for him.  If I was going down that path I’d have named my kid :zeal:

Tau is actually a greek letter which is used for other stuff.

But to be honest celeberties giving their Kids names like this makes me thankfull living in a country where a government official has a say in how you Name your Kids.

Back in the day people used to threaten to name their first born after me, fortunately to my knowledge they never went through with it.

I'd be interested to see if this was a genuine 40k connection or just some weird coincidence or meme reference.

To be honest on it's own Tau isn't that bad of a name to have.

28 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

Back in the day people used to threaten to name their first born after me, fortunately to my knowledge they never went through with it.

I'd be interested to see if this was a genuine 40k connection or just some weird coincidence or meme reference.

To be honest on its own Tau isn't that bad of a name to have.

“Doghouse Musk” has a certain sort of ring to it, maybe that’ll be the next one.