How Should BA Use the Gladius Task Force?

Jolemai

I genuinely have no idea how to use it. Perhaps it's my play style and model collection, but I struggle to work it out.

As it's generally considered to be better than the SoS Detachment, how should BAs use it? What tips and tricks are available to us?

Edited by Jolemai

With changes to points cost of BA part of our army SoS may get more bang now (as most of our units are CC orientated and SoS favours CC)

GSF gives added mobility for shooting units (Devastator Doctrine) is less susceptible to being trapped in unwanted combats (Tactical Doctrine) and makes charging easier (Assult Doctrine)

With Adaptive Strategy Stratagem one unit that needs specific buff can get it regardless of Doctrine active for the rest of army so we are not so reliant for getting charge

This is how I've used it so far. 

T1: Devastator Doctrine - advance, spread out onto objectives, get board control, and still shoot 

T2: Assault Doctrine - advance and charge with melee

T3: Tactical Doctrine - fall back, shoot the now exposed units, charge back into them or into new units.

Something along those lines. Don't always necessarily do it on those exact turns. But it's useful for establishing early board control and pinning the enemy in their DZ. 

19 minutes ago, BluejayJunior said:

This is how I've used it so far. 

T1: Devastator Doctrine - advance, spread out onto objectives, get board control, and still shoot 

T2: Assault Doctrine - advance and charge with melee

T3: Tactical Doctrine - fall back, shoot the now exposed units, charge back into them or into new units.

Something along those lines. Don't always necessarily do it on those exact turns. But it's useful for establishing early board control and pinning the enemy in their DZ. 

This is the best way to do them I think - 10th seems even more about board control and stealing objectives in your turn than 9th, so being able to get out there quickly, or reposition to get an angle on a key unit your opponent hid in T1 will be key to winning.