Breach the Veil - as a Shooting phase reaction

RoadRunna

Is this right?

The Breach the Veil power states that"

"Instead of making a Shooting Attack, as Psyker with this power may select a point...etc etc"

So in the Reaction Phase I appear to be able to us this power - which is also the same for various psykic attacks from the Rule Book.

Next... assuming the power goes off I can now deploy one squad of Daemons.  "The Daemon unit brought into play by use of this power may be targeted by the Interceptor Reaction and may act as normal in the Shooting phase in which it arrives and may declare a Charge in the Assault phase of the turn in which it enters play"

This wording is fine if I use this power in my own phase but if I use it as a Shooting Reaction then:

- the enemy is unable to use the Intercepter Reaction as they appear in their own shooting phase

- the unit of Daemons is granted the ability to "declare a Charge in the Assault phase of the turn in which it enters play" which reads that I can now charge my unit into my opponents army in his assault phase.

Is this right?

RAW?

Bringing them in during the opponents turn disrupts parts of their rules due to Active and Reactive roles being reversed.

So your opponent can't intercept due to them not being the reactive player.

But simultaneously, you can't actually charge, because the reactive player is usually only allowed to participate in most of the turn via Reactions. 

I don't think it works. Saying 'you may do X instead of Y' does not mean 'X = Y'.  So to me, a Power being "instead of making a Shooting attack" is not the same thing as saying "the Power is a Shooting attack". 

To really labour the point, Reactions allow you to make a Shooting attack. They don't allow you to make 'a Shooting attack or something else that you could normally do instead of a Shooting attack'.

Edited by Brother Kraskor