NL - looking for help with adding 240pts for killing infantry?

RoadRunna

I am running a NL 'The Swift Blade' ROW which does not allow me to take Heavy, Bombard, Slow, Super-heavy or Artillery Unit sub-types.  The army is all bikes (low model count) and Landspeeders with MultiMeltas for popping armour.  Where I struggle is killing the units that get out of their transports other than in HTH as I don't have the firepower on the bikes to do much.  Therefore I am looking for something to fill this role.

I had in mind a Sicaran Punnisher with PreySight and pintle mounted heavy bolder or 2 Scorpius..  Thoughts on which option or suggestions of another?

As the army is all bikes and speeders I want to move away from anything too static so, for example, no heavy weapons team with Volkites  (yes I know the Scorpius isnt going to move "in game" but from a theme perspective it works)

Which units in particular are giving you trouble? 

If its terminators and/or equivalents just take more Javelins, they're among the best gun-platforms in the game. If you're out of FA slots an Arcus has reasonable firepower as far as tanks go. 

If it's just power armoured goons, the bazillion characters you get in swift blade should be able to chop them up just fine.

In general Scorpii are probably the most efficient vehicles in the game, your list surely won't get worse from adding one or two. 

Maybe that’s just something you’ll have to accept big picture as a downside to the other strengths? 

Maybe a jump destroyer squad? Peg units with rad missiles, kill some and make what other shooting you have more effective? 

Or if ok with allies not following that theme, maybe shave a bit and add allies to fill that role?

7 hours ago, sonsoftaurus said:

Maybe that’s just something you’ll have to accept big picture as a downside to the other strengths? 

Maybe a jump destroyer squad? Peg units with rad missiles, kill some and make what other shooting you have more effective? 

Or if ok with allies not following that theme, maybe shave a bit and add allies to fill that role?

The army has no real shooting.  There are approx 20 marines on bikes (including Praetor and 4 Centurions) with TL bolters which dont do much and 6 Proteus Landspeeders all with MultiMelta for anti tank.  There is also a squad of 10 Contekar terminators which DS in from turn 2 onwards.  The Contekar will mow down anything within 10 inches but it is the random rhino with a tac squad or Landraider with termies that cause me the issue in knocking them out quickly while they are stranded somewhere on the board before they can march into the battle and become useful to my opponent.

12 hours ago, Razorblade said:

Which units in particular are giving you trouble? 

If its terminators and/or equivalents just take more Javelins, they're among the best gun-platforms in the game. If you're out of FA slots an Arcus has reasonable firepower as far as tanks go. 

If it's just power armoured goons, the bazillion characters you get in swift blade should be able to chop them up just fine.

In general Scorpii are probably the most efficient vehicles in the game, your list surely won't get worse from adding one or two. 

Thanks but Javlins have the HEAVY sub-type so are a no go in a Swift Blade list

Contemptors help this rite massively. Most effective way I’ve seen them deployed is one with dual fists (chain/power) and graviton for heavy melee, and another with dual lascannons and targeting array for ranged. 

14 hours ago, Carnivore said:

Contemptors help this rite massively. Most effective way I’ve seen them deployed is one with dual fists (chain/power) and graviton for heavy melee, and another with dual lascannons and targeting array for ranged. 

Thanks for your comment but two Contemptors is way over the points available - even if both had dual fists  

On 9/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, LameBeard said:

Could we give something else anti-armour duty and run some of the landspeeders as heavy flamer/volkite?

Maybe but they have already been build with the MM equipped.  The range on this loadout is also weird as one is a very short ranged template and the other shoots at 45inch.  You really want to try and avoid speeders being in CC as this is a tarpit for them as their CC ability is very poor

Yeah I meant to say heavy flamers *or* volkite.  I consider heavy flamer speeders expendable, they get the template where you want, then they also block a useful charge. Depends on the opponent. But as you say, they are built, so back to square one. We want mobile infantry-killing power? Shame the attack bikes not so good this edition ….

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, RoadRunna said:

Thanks for your comment but two Contemptors is way over the points available - even if both had dual fists  

I just meant add one Contemptor or the other if you’re trying to stay within 240 without dropping anything else. I apologize if that was unclear. A Contemptor will help you tremendously.