Deathwatch leader clarifications.

Andarius the Red

I've been going over the rules for HQ options for Death Watch and an unusual bit of information caught my eye. They list the squads they can be attached to but Death Watch kill teams are not amongst them.

If I am to understand this read as written then Fortis, Indomitor, and Spectrus Killteams can have no attached characters or HQ?

On 9/13/2023 at 9:08 AM, Andarius the Red said:

I've been going over the rules for HQ options for Death Watch and an unusual bit of information caught my eye. They list the squads they can be attached to but Death Watch kill teams are not amongst them.

If I am to understand this read as written then Fortis, Indomitor, and Spectrus Killteams can have no attached characters or HQ?

The Kill Team squads in question have a section on their data cards under the header "Attached Unit". This will tell you that if a leader could be attached to a particular Index: Space Marines unit it can also be attached to that Kill Team.

For example, if a character unit can attach to a Heavy Intercessor unit, it can also attach to an Indomitor Kill Team.

Edited by Lemondish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, justicarius6 said:

Am I right in thinking that until there's an errata for the Deathwatch Index that the only leader that Deathwatch Veterans and Proteus kill teams can can have is the Watch Master?

And Captain Artemis, they can also be joined by any character that can join a vanguard veterans  squad, but I can't find any of those....

That's because the Vanguard Veteran Squad doesn't exist anymore with the new codex. So no characters can join those. Formally no character can join them except watch master and captain Artemis. For tourney's I'd ask clarification and with friendly games too. It's too weird to not be able to have a librarian join veterans or something.