Basecoat for white-coloured Death Guard?

Deus_Ex_Machina

If you're airbrushing the basecoat, I'd go for Vallejo Mecha Primer, it's slightly lighter than Grey Seer and much cheaper.  It also claims to have a sort of shrink property to it, so it shrinks in the recesses really well.  I do find it best to leave for 24 hours, which might be a too long to wait for some people.

I finally had time to do a test mini after a bit of researching:

Power Armour (Bone):

1. Black Basecoat

2. Flat Brown

3. Cold White (Drybrush)

4. Bone White (Drybrush)

5. Mortarion Grime (full shade)

Looks good.

Another question regarding painting DG: How would you paint the cloak on HQ models? I have three ideas so far. Also the remaining parts will be: The shoulder pads will have a  green which is more on the pale side, metals will be brass and the gun oily steel.

1. Red cloak for maximum contrast to green.

2. White cloak which can be made really dirty like the armour with streaking grime.

3. A greenish-yellowish cloak which is akin to a poison gas cloud following the HQ model in it´s wake.

Or maybe a mix of them between several HQ characters? Or something else? Please tell me in the comments below how you would paint the cloak.

In my specific case, it was two thin coats of screamer pink, then liberal agrax earthshade.  I think it could be grimier, tbh, and the chainlinks that are visible definitely need some more corrosion applied.

The GW technical paints are actually pretty awesome for Death Guard; they've got Typhus Corrosion and Nurgle's Rot for your nasty stuff, then I also use the Ryza Rust dry brushed on for the final rusted touch.

• 4 weeks later...

I did mine like this:

Wrathbone Primer

Apothocary White contrast Paint

Streaking Grime from AK interactive

It's a pretty dirty bone white.

Doing streaking grime for winter vehicles would make it more of a white white. 

You take off most of the streaking grime with white spirits. 

It's super quick. My thread is somewhere in this forum if you want to see how it turns out.

Edited by Marshal Mittens

I made this dude a while ago1-2 years ago, but I am sure I base coated him white. And then an off white colour washed with Armybuilder soft tone, and then dry brushed some off white again over the parts that are supposed to be white. With white over black I have found that i need to use many more white layers.

typhus.thumb.jpg.03ac3d2523c3f230c9fffd3704864eb5.jpg

Cpt.Danjou

People like this guy, started with Wraithbone primer. Uses contrast flesh paint and of course whites. I gotta remember to take more pictures of my models and put them on Flickr because Instagram sucks for embedding. You can read my blog how I did it, but it was my take on someone else's technique.