How's Ghaz on his own?

Go to solution Solved by toaae,

I've got DA BIGGEST ORK DERE EVER WOZ inbound to join me WAAAGH, but I'm gonna have to run him solo (luckiest grot notwithstanding) because I have no MANz and MANz ain't cheap. Can he still survive and do work without a bodyguard unit?

Edited by Lucius_The_Temporary

• Solution

Ghaz and Makari are no joke to kill, with that 2++ and 10 wounds at T6 w/ a 2+/4++. But the proliferation of mortal/devastating wounds doesn't care. Without a bodyguard, I think you'll find the Prophet folds easily to dedicated attacks that sport the [DEVASTATING WOUNDS] keyword. I'd highly advise getting him some buddies to knock heads with.

However, in the short term, if your meta isn't sporting a lot of mortals/devastating wounds, and isn't full of quality indirect shooting, Ghaz alone is able to hide behind Ruins and can now move through walls, on account of his Infantry keyword. Play him very cagey. Sure, it might feel wrong to not just yeet the biggest and baddest Ork into the thick of the enemy, but remember that the Prophet is kunnin'. Hold him back, move from cover to cover until you can spring him on a juicy target. Use the threat of him to control space, and I think you'll find some success with him.

Gaz does need the Manz to be at his best IMO.  That said he’s tough and can sneak around oddly.  Toaae is right about using ruins to protect until you can get the charge.  If you play with player placed terrain keep that in mind.  Also players react to him so use that to your advantage by making them deal with him while the rest of da boyz close in for the kill or loot da objectivez. 

Thanks for the replies! I've got some Wraithblades I can proxy as MANz for the time being, so I'll try him with and without (subbing in the MANz for 3 koptas and a weirdboy) and see how it goes.

Edited by Lucius_The_Temporary

• 3 months later...

I run him with two buddys in a battlewagon. Great to park him behind a ruin close to the centre, so they can all jump out and go trough the wall to kill his target on the centre objective.

I feel like two buddys is enough to soak up some wounds and not make it to expensive and big of a unit. Together they can kill most things