Remaining Cerastus knights up for pre order on the 23rd of September

I just wish they would sell 40k house transfers, I'm really missing a lot for House Raven:confused:.

I did check ebay, but price+shipping for like 6-10 decals ain't worth it. 

Still i will get the castigator, probably will use some spare decals from other 40k knights.

Edited by OpossumStrong

Castigator!!!!! I have wanted one of these for an age but could never justify the FW costs for one.

But I may have made a mistake.. realised I had a load of PS credit and used it to get BG3. My hobby time is going to be impacted for a while

20 minutes ago, Irongert said:

They are so good looking and I'd love to get the missing two so my knight have all varieties availabe to them. Too bad I'd first have to buy many ugly mini knights to be able to field them :cry: 

Or a Warhound plus 2x Acherons....1990 points

I can't justify buying any of the big boys right now even though I would love to but this new article does a really good job of showing off the how posable these kits are and how the ammo/fuel feeds work with that. Looks like they'll be really fun kits when I can get them.

haha the new belt feed system looks nuts, I love it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/20/building-the-cerastus-knights-acheron-and-castigator-including-awesome-flexible-ammo-feed/

Given the way the dreadnoughts have been designed I guess I shouldn't be surprised the solution to the flexibility problem is to just mould every individual component separately.

Of course my actual heresy armies are still parked while I wait for line troops but I'm ordering a castigator. You got me again, GW.

13 hours ago, Nova-V said:

I applaud GW on the effort they have put in to making the kit so posable.  As someone who has built tank kits with individual link tracks however I look at those sprues of tiny parts and my thumbs already ache!

I feel you, but for single big centerpiece model i dont mind it. 

I almost wish I'd waited several years to get a more poseable plastic Castigator. The experience of building a large poseable resin kit was quite novel for me though. I am envious of those segmented plastic ammunition feeds. The act of bending the resin version into place with plenty of hot hairdryer air, pinning, epoxy glue and swearing I would not miss, however.

It's going to be awesome to see more Cerastus Knights out in the wild. I have my eye on the Lancer when I get a bit more time and money.

14 hours ago, de Selby said:

haha the new belt feed system looks nuts, I love it.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/09/20/building-the-cerastus-knights-acheron-and-castigator-including-awesome-flexible-ammo-feed/

Given the way the dreadnoughts have been designed I guess I shouldn't be surprised the solution to the flexibility problem is to just mould every individual component separately.

Of course my actual heresy armies are still parked while I wait for line troops but I'm ordering a castigator. You got me again, GW.

As someone who has built many modern plastic model kits of late, GW is really behind in many areas. They make the best organic plastic kits for sure, but build a new Tamiya plane kit and get your mind blown.

Once my Lancer is done, I will definitely get the mega bolter one I think. They are just a lot of fun to build and paint

Edited by Redcomet

Yeah the ammo feeds are really cool, but plastic is just such a better material in general for these kind of kits, ive built a whole lot of big plastic and resin kits and even the hideously warped tigershark was significantly better than my resin Acheron, which was just no fun to build start to finish, especially the feed! 

Ill probably get a castigator eventually, after i get around to a lancer or two :D 

On 9/18/2023 at 6:39 PM, Xenith said:

Castigator love. Probably not the most effective, but the best name and coolest loadout. 

I think it's surprisingly decent, the autohit at I2 looks pretty effective if you can get enough models in base to base contact. Unfortunately a lot of the other knights have rather underwhelming rules, but hopefully plastic kits will mean that there will be more knights on the tables, they're great looking models.

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

As someone who has built many modern plastic model kits of late, GW is really behind in many areas. They make the best organic plastic kits for sure, but build a new Tamiya plane kit and get your mind blown.

I'm much more into infantry than tanks and don't really have the patience for real scale modelling, so easy build kits are generally good for me, but for a while I've thought GW has a bit of a problem with vehicle kits in general.   They don't seem to care as much as they do about the 'organic' stuff.   The modern 40k vehicles and tanks (primaris, votann, even guard) are just not that great, often being controversial and occasionally plain embarrasing. GW has a few really iconic colossal vehicle designs like titans and the BFG space ships and some that have a lot of character like the land raider and the various dreadnoughts but a lot of the tabletop stuff is not that inspiring up against, say, the huge range of classic lived-in-future designs that the Star Wars universe has.   For a while Forge World was making some effort, with subtle tweaks and additions like the Arvus. I think the studio needs to hire some people to design truly cool sci fi vehicles. There's no reason for the flagship space marine range to have so many dull clunky vehicles.

The castigator hits a bit of a sweet spot for me in that it is a very warhammer concept with elegant enough execution to justify the price tag.