Monsters in an unending swarm

Isual

Hello there,

I am still a fresh Hive Tyrant here and I would like to build a horde like Army of Tyranids for myself. At the moment I'm painting my Leviathan box and ponder what to do next with my army.

I stumbled over the question if the Tervigon is a good choice for a unending swarm list. On the one side it gives buffs to one of our main units and can reinforce them, on the other hand its (probably) one of  few or the only large monster on the board and an obvious choice for my opponent to point his anti tank/monster weapons to.

Can he be hidden well enough to survive at least the alphastrike? What are your thoughts about this? 

Iwhilst we are watching the meta readapt its hard to be sure. I dont think its bad but was overshadowed prior to the most recent update. For its points  survivability etc its not bad. If you are gling horde it will surely have a place but you need a few squads to be worth its boons. If possible it can use a survivability enhancement due to lack of inv but it does slap well in cc... and its a  class model. But are you better served with more cheaper hqs for coverage if going horde heavy? 

Whats the rest of the army... will it be the only monster so getting zapped t1... 

If i was to run mine id have to start with atleast 2 20 gaunt squads to benifit around it. Higher shot weapons benifit more too.  Id prob consider zoans near those and a psycophage... 

While lethal is a great upgrade vs many opponents the 1 monster will be an easy mark especially as it needs to keep pace to matter. Endless swarm aims to win on points so chasing a kill combo may detract from your game plan. Would depend a lot on your local terrain meta.  Endless swarm is crazy powerful if you focus on scoring.  30 scoring bodies for a buff aura with no bodyguard is a tough trade